1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ken Smith Chuck Rainey 5 G

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xqusemuah, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Smith CR5G SOLD!
    34 scale
    Smith 9v BT circut: 3 band eq / active passive / master volume / blend
    Mohagany core
    walnut sides / back
    maple neck
    Pau Ferro FB
    G model / (graphite in neck)
    Gold hardware
    Dunlop straplocks
    Smith nickel strings .040-.120
    thin Satin laquer finish, comfy
    Smith HSC

These are hard to come by, this one is in very fine condition, no issues, low action , very solid feeling and most funky indeed

No Trades

$2500 Shipped US 48

SmithCR5007.jpg

SmithCR5015.jpg

SmithCR5005.jpg

SmithCR5018.gif

SmithCR5002.jpg

SmithCR5001-1.gif

SmithCR5002-1.gif

2. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    NICE!!!!!!!!!BUMP

3. zrxnha? You ain't kiddin this thing is nice. These are rare. My main bass for last ten years, a reverse of this one (maple top and back, walnut core, quilt maple cb) six string CR-6G is the ONLY one like this I've seen since I got mine. I've wanted a 5, JUST like mine, for friggin EVER! You never see them built this way, and the price here is spectacular. I only wish I could come up wit that kind of scratch. I may have to try. I bought my 6, used, back in the day for, get this, $900. I can't believe how much these things goin for now, all I know is that I wouldn't sell mine for twice what he's askin for this one. And find it hard to believe anyone would let one go. Rare bass, killer tone for ALL styles (I play rock, metal, blues, etc.) and my Smith kills. Now, on to sell a kidney. Heh.

4. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    one of the best CRs I have seen.

5. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    you really captured the beauty of the body wood with that pic. awesome bass! just what I'd like to have. I have a CR6QM that I got for a steal cuz it gave the guy that bought it brand new carpal tunnel. It's a beautiful bass, too, but I'd rather have a 5er, your 5er, but I ain't got the ching either. :(

6. mmmmmm .... you guys making this difficult...... I have had 4 Smiths, a older BSR5G, a Burner, A BSR5MW, and a new BSR5G elite, for me , the older Smiths are the way to go, this one my fav

7. AAA-greed. The old Smiths just have somethin... I've played quite a few over the years. Worked at a dealer here in Charleston, SC, and played a ton of them. The 5 and 6 bolts, wit 9v and big headstocks just did it for me. I've been thru TONS of gear, basses, since then. And, gave my bass up for a bit durin some tryin medical times. But, it's found its way back, and nuttin, NOTHin, will make me give her up again. Not tryin to make it hard on ya, but, I regretted losin mine back in the day. Just make sure you can hang without. $2500 a steal nowadays, and if I could? I'd get this one. A friend asked me one time if I could build any bass for myself, which would it be? Well, I'd have to say, I'd have Mr. Smith build me a 5 of my CR. No matter the string count, my fave bass of all time. And, I own her. Well, I actually believe she found me. And I ain't arguin wit her. Heh.

8. bottomzone

bottomzone Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    That's the best CR that I have seen yet!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

9. caasi91

caasi91

Sep 18, 2009
    SF Bay
    shoot, i have a cr5v in quilted maple but i really want a walnut one esp. with the black head.

if i could only sell my smith to buy this one. looks hella clean!

10. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    My friend's advantage, is also very beautiful
    52.jpg
    51.jpg
    bump!!!

11. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    I wanted one of these for a long time, Just got a Roscoe because I couldn't get the Smith like this for under three grand.

12. pics of pre circut and serial #

13. Chuck is gonna get ready for a ride.......

14. widjajar

widjajar

Apr 21, 2003
    Payment sent....:b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.