1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ken Smith CR6 Maple/Walnut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ivlucas, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    For everyone inquiring as to whether I have a 6 string Ken Smith forsale, here ya go. I have decided to sell my recently purchased 1993 Ken Smith Chuck Rainey 6 due to another recent purchase(Kudela 6 on the way). The bass was refinished before I purchased it, im told by an old gibson employee. Since I have had it, I upgraded the preamp to Smith's latest 18 volt pre. It has the dip switches so that you can adjust to the optimal frequencies for the bass. It is in overall great shape and does not show the wear you would usually see on a 93 model. This model is rare and well sought after. New Price is $2000 shipped conUSA. Paypal echeck preferred. It will come shipped in the OHSC. International Shipping OK.... Just note.. it may have to be shipped with neck and body separate.
    Pics to come

2. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    CR6003.

CR6001.

CR6005.

3. Oh good lord..........this will NOT last long........that is freakin' beautiful!!!

4. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Wow....I must have passed out. Must have been a TB sale thread with a...Ken......:eek:....Smith! :eek::eek:...Ohhhhhh.......................thud......

5. :eek:

*feints*

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    oh my....props to the supposed gibson employee who did that refinish, it looks great!

7. Man, i have never been so close to pulling the trigger on... ANYTHING... EVER! it's painful to look at this thread but, i can't stop :(

8. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    Hey Nephew is the wood on this bass flamed or tiger maple with a Walnut stain over it? I don't see the Walnut other than the stain! Wha is the serial number? Thanks

9. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    CR6.

Here you go uncle. The serial is CR6G11693CM

10. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    now that's swwwweeeeeetttt. Nice refinish job. Nephew Thanks for the pic. A walnut core with that top Dang. Make me want to give up my MTD's// Ok maybe not! Bump for a great seller and bass

11. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    THanks Unc

12. PM sent

13. Hello from Buffalo
    What kind of finish is on the bass know? Is it a tint on the neck to? How does it compare to your other Smiths in tone and feel?

Lew

14. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Not sure about the type of finish as it is not poly coated. This bass as compared to my other Smith has more of the distinct Smith bite but yet warm due to the walnut core. Yes the neck is tinted too

15. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    $2000 New Price

16. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    weight?

17. I have three basses combined worth more the $2600 that I'd trade you if you were interested in them.
    But you're not.
    So free bump!!!!

18. Man... if someone buys my bass, i'm pouncing.

19. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Last day

20. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Wow........:crying:Wish I had the money for this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.