Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ken Smith Design Proto J-5 F/S

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Aug 30, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I just bought this bass second hand. In fact, it just arrived today. I would be keeping it if I didn't get a smoking deal on another Benavente Vintage Vortex 5 which is due here Wednesday. It is only 4 months old and there is not a scratch or ding on the bass anywhere. Aside from the mismatched G-string, it almost looks unplayed. I've bought new basses that didn't look this new. I'm asking $530 OBO shipped to the 48 in a beat up double gig-bag. Paypal fee is included in the price. No trades.

Pictures.

PM me or post with offers/questions.

2. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Wood? Neck? Scale? Pickups? Any information at all about the bass? :confused:

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Maple, rosewood, alder. 35". Vintage J p-ups. B/T active preamp with push/pull passive on the volume knob. Everything is stock except the the four bottom strings. Action is tight and low without buzz. Excellent j-tone in this bass for a very low price! Do a search of KSD in the basses forum and you'll see.

All this info is available here as well:
    http://www.kensmithbasses.com/KSD/V60series.htm :cool:

4. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not to mention Joe is an Awesome TBer. This guy is great to work with. :D If I had the cash ::ahem Iamp::, I'd grab up this KSD in a heartbeat. It's a great deal on a next to new KSD Proto J.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Joe;

Thanks for the PM. To quote Jack Benny, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking!". Uh oh. Have I just given away my age?

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Sold. Thanks for all the interest! :) :cool: