1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ken Smith Design Proto J-5 F/S

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Aug 30, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I just bought this bass second hand. In fact, it just arrived today. I would be keeping it if I didn't get a smoking deal on another Benavente Vintage Vortex 5 which is due here Wednesday. It is only 4 months old and there is not a scratch or ding on the bass anywhere. Aside from the mismatched G-string, it almost looks unplayed. I've bought new basses that didn't look this new. I'm asking $530 OBO shipped to the 48 in a beat up double gig-bag. Paypal fee is included in the price. No trades.

Pictures.

PM me or post with offers/questions.

2. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Wood? Neck? Scale? Pickups? Any information at all about the bass? :confused:

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Maple, rosewood, alder. 35". Vintage J p-ups. B/T active preamp with push/pull passive on the volume knob. Everything is stock except the the four bottom strings. Action is tight and low without buzz. Excellent j-tone in this bass for a very low price! Do a search of KSD in the basses forum and you'll see.

All this info is available here as well:
    http://www.kensmithbasses.com/KSD/V60series.htm :cool:

4. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not to mention Joe is an Awesome TBer. This guy is great to work with. :D If I had the cash ::ahem Iamp::, I'd grab up this KSD in a heartbeat. It's a great deal on a next to new KSD Proto J.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Joe;

Thanks for the PM. To quote Jack Benny, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking!". Uh oh. Have I just given away my age?

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Sold. Thanks for all the interest! :) :cool: