No longer available Ken Smith Elite 5 - 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood (1 of 14 made)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rich Emme, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rich Emme

Rich Emme Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Arizona
    Price:
    $4950
    Strings:
    Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top

FullSizeRender 41.jpg
    Specs:

Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.

Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.

The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.

The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.

Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.

The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.

Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 25 of the KSA 5 neck-thru basses where made.

34" Scale

18mm Spacing

Gold Hardware

Weight: 9.4lbs

The bass had been very well cared, to bring it back to showroom condition it just came back from a professional refinish by Pat Wilkins. The sounds of this particular bass is very responsive and organic. It has been professionaly setup with new Smith Strings. I really hate to let it go, but could use the Benjamins.

Potential trades + cash for: Carvin JB5, Smith 5, Benavente 5, micro amps

Comes with soft case.

$5,300; Reduced to $4,950 + shipping. Contact me first for international shipping

FullSizeRender 23.jpg FullSizeRender 21.jpg FullSizeRender 22.jpg FullSizeRender 24.jpg FullSizeRender 25.jpg FullSizeRender 26.jpg FullSizeRender 27.jpg FullSizeRender 28.jpg FullSizeRender 30.jpg FullSizeRender 31.jpg FullSizeRender 32.jpg FullSizeRender 34.jpg FullSizeRender 35.jpg FullSizeRender 37.jpg FullSizeRender 38.jpg FullSizeRender 39.jpg FullSizeRender 41.jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 1.27.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 1.28.08 PM.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    Wow this is a beautiful bass! GLWTS

Rich Emme likes this.
  3. Rich Emme

Feb 26, 2014
    Arizona
    Thanks for the offers thus far, to clarify on any trades + cash, Trade value is higher, I'm only looking for 5 string basses, and the width at the nut must be equal or close to 1 3/4". I sold my Fodera E5S and Sadowsky NYC as the neck was too wide for me. Cash is my preference. Thank you!

4. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Hi - just to clarify, this bass has been refinished by Wilkins? Curious to what year it was manufactured. PM sent with some questions.
    Thx,
    Rob

5. bass12

bass12 Have You Met Grace Jones?

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Rare to see a Smith with non-recessed strap locks.

Edgar likes this.
  6. Rich Emme

Feb 26, 2014
    Arizona
    All PMs responded. Yes, Wilkins did a superb job at refinishing the bass to as mint condition as possible. This 20th Anniversary model was made in 99 as shown in the pictures. Non-recessed strap-locks were standard, but can be changed to recessed easily.

bass12 likes this.
  7. Tnadu

Tnadu

May 5, 2010
    Louisville, CO
    What kind of finish did Wilkins do?

8. Rich Emme

Feb 26, 2014
    Arizona
    Glossy to get it as close to a factory finish as the day it was made. He did a superb job btw.

9. beautiful

Rich Emme likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022