1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ken Smith Fusion Elite 5 25th Anniversary Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by mrbassman_de, Mar 10, 2018.

1. mrbassman_de

mrbassman_de Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Germany
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    EUR
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    My Location:
    Germany
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    Selling my unique and ultrarare Ken Smith 25th Anniversary Fusion Elite 5, the one and only factory original fretless from Ken's top model that I have ever seen.

Specs:

25th Anniversary model
    Exhibition Grade Bubinga Top and Back
    Walnut Core
    7pc body wings and 7pc neck (neck through)
    BMT body shape
    Satin finish (Ken's recommendation for Fretless)
    Figured Macassar Ebony Board
    Lined Fretless (300 USD upgrade)
    34" scale
    18mm spacing
    18V electrics with DIP switches
    Weight 4,6 kg
    Build year 2009
    OHSC and case candy

The pictures do not justice this wonderful Bubinga top with its nice 3D pattern and grain. The Satin finish feels great in my hands.

Soundwise it tends to be on the Graphite fretless side (Zon like Michael Manring). I prefer the mellower sound of my F Bass AC and furthermore I play fretless only from time to time at my homestudio, so this bass is barely used and could go for cash (preferred) or another interesting bass. Action could be set very low. Currently strung with d'Addario Chromes. Everything works well and as expected.

This bass is absolutely LIKE NEW. I am the second owner after a collector. This bass survived most of its life time in its case. No dings or dongs, no hairline scratches, it still smells like new ! Case is like new as well.

Street price currently 8100 USD for the current top model which does not include the 25th details like the golden truss rod plate and the Abalone dot inlays. Plus shipping and VAT.

I am asking 4500 EUR or 5600 USD or 4000 GBP in a cash deal. Trade value is 5000 EUR. Shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany not included. Trades only in EU as the costs for overseas trades are killing both parties.

Players who would like to have a 25th fretted instead of a fretless could easily let a luthier install frets on this bass - and even then the price would be less than currently asked for similar models. I still own a fretted 25th 5er with Walnut top and it plays and sounds incredible !

There have been only maximum 60 Smiths built at 25th anniversary specs (of which I personally own and owned not less than 7), the model has been discontinued now but most of the specs are found in the current Fusion Elite line. So grab the chance to take a very rare piece of history.

Trades considered:

Fodera
    Ken Smith Fretted
    Ken Lawrence
    Vintage Fenders
    Alleva Coppolo Supreme
    Xotic XJ1T Lightweight
    K Bass

or other high end bass, let me know what you have. No low ball offers or cheap crap basses please. I know what I have here.
    _bass01.JPG _bass02.JPG _bassback01.JPG _bassback02.JPG _Board01.JPG _bodyback01.JPG _bodyback02.JPG _bodyfront01.JPG _bodyfront02.JPG _detail01.JPG _detail02.JPG _detail03.JPG _detail04.JPG _detail05.JPG _detail06.JPG _detail07.JPG _detail08.JPG _detail09.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    kittywithabanjo likes this.