Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ken Smith imports

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    I went out on a limb and checked out the KSD v60j5; I'd read a pretty solid review in Bass Guitar mag and have to say for $900 (with case) it's the best buy I've made...it has a ton of sustain, the construction is impeccable (routing/pots/etc), and I am able to get whatever tone I'm looking for with one axe...for those of you "working" bassists, I'd give it a "2 thumbs up" rating.

2. i was quite upset when i called a ken smith dealer (kinda) near me and asked if they had any proto j's in stock. i was told "yes". after driving over an hour, found out the guy i talked to was the "guitar guy" and not the bass guy. well, they didn't have any. they did have his american made basses so of course i played those for a while! ;)

congrats and i'm glad you like!!!

furio

3. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I picked one up a couple of months ago and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm still gassing for a Sadowsky but this will certainly do in the meantime. I have a vintage J proto 5 string and it's got a nice array of tone with a solid slap tone and I've gotten several comments on how nice it sounds. Enjoy yours!!

4. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    my review here

great bass!

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    The review mentions pics, but no pics or link?

6. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Strange they're not working anymore...

try these:
    pic
    pic2

If you really want them I can email them to you.. FIY the bass was sold shortly after (not due to any particular reason about the bass.. would have kept if it I could)

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access to..."

:(