Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KEN SMITH JAZZ, WARRIOR BASSES

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I went to this new shop in STPAUL MINNESOTA and they had the Ken Smith Jazz basses, both frettless and fretted, for the price aprx 800$ these basses are really nice, they had a black fretless and a sunburst fretted, both of these basses played nice, and I liked the passive option on them as well:cool:
    The Warriors they had was a seven string which I dont play, but I tried it and it was very easy to move around on, and the tone was great. also the Warrior 5 strings they had were very nice and had very low string setup with no buzz! The Warriors all had barts installed:cool: The seven string was going for over 4 grand:eek: I wish I had to money to get that seven string and the Ken Smith :bawl:

As a side note, this place has several recording studios that rent for recording, and a main studio with to have someone mix for you.
    They had clips of Adam Nitti when he was there on Dec 5th, he had some nice chops

Final word, the warrior bass I played were very nice looking and had a great sound, as well as the Ken Smith Jazz basses:bassist:

here is there link:http://www.americanguitarboutique.com/

2. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    That's good to hear there is a new shop in the Twin Cities area. There are not many around as use to be except for Willes in St. Paul and your typical Guitar Center stores. I've been to Willies a few times and they carry quality insruments but don't seem to take care of them very well.

What are they going to carry in the line of basses? It might be worth a stop in the next time I travel to the cities, I'm from up north about 2 hrs.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I had a long talk with them about the gear they will carry, they WILL NOT be like your local stores like Guitar Center etc,,not that GC is bad, I have purchased lots of stuff from them. They want to carry High end brands since there is really not a store that I know of that wants to specialize in just that, a few names, Warrior, Ken Smith, (hopefully he will be able to carry the whole like of Smiths, right now its only the Jazz bass) check out their link and you will see some of the lines they carry now..

here ya go http://www.americanguitarboutique.com/

Peace!

4. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.

5. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Yes Ken, please do.

It sure would be nice to have a fairly local place that deals in your fine basses. Actually, to my knowledge, there is no store at all in the Minneapoles/St. Paul, MN area that carries your basses. Furthermore, I have never seen a KS bass in a store anywhere in WI, or MN.

6. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

7. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    You are 100% correct, you will only come across them used or by chance, WE NEED AND WANT A KEN SMITH DEALER HERE:cool: :D