Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, May 13, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Is this legit, I saw the Neg feedback, plus I can't make out the pics very well and there is no real discription of the bass, what do you think???? I am not trying to be mean or anything, but my gut is telling me something is not right here, plus he mentioned he played whith Fred Hammond, if so, PROPS TO HIM!! All of Fred Hammonds bassplayers have been Great, fwiw.
  2. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    it doesn't appear to be a good enough deal to be worth trusting someone whose only feedback is negative.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    looks like a BSR6M...Plenty of those pop up on ebay...I'd pass on that one.
  4. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
  5. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    that is WAY tooo much for an M, IMO
  6. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    ya think?
  7. i wouldnt be trusting him. its a nice bass tho, and the price seems right.
  8. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    Yeah man that's way too much for that model.Hell you can buy that same model NEW" for a little less than 2 grand around here.
  9. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Hi guys, FWIW a 2004 BSR6M , Stock w/o options with the 'new' Circuit lists for $3,600. and the Street Price published is $2,700..... Here;

The Wood on that Ebay Bass looks highly figured. Get me a serial # and I'll look up the Grade and see if it was an Upcharge..........Have fun....... Ken

BTW, The Truss rod wrench for that bass is 1/8" and not 5mm. The Pickup pole pieces are 3mm. I have no idea why he is offering a 5mm wrench. The bridge wrench again is .050" and not 1.5mm. Imports usually use those sizes...not us....Then again, those sound like our Burner Bass Wrench sizes...??

Oops...... Sorry, the wrenches are on the second listing. Well, bot Basses have nice figure. My offer stands. Get me a # and I'll look up the wood grade used.