ken smith strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mangle, Dec 20, 2001.

1. mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    I have used rock masters...I don´t like it at all, they are not bright enough for my taste, and go dead soon
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've heard this biz about them going dead but it has never been my experience. I use the tapercore 6 string set on my Smith BSR6 GN and they last as long as anything else. Nice and bright with a good feel, too. I don't use 'em on any other bass but on the Smith, they're a real good match.
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've only tried one set of Smith strings so far (Rock Masters) and I thought they had great tone and longevity. My body chemistry apparently doesn't attack strings much, though - Roto 66's will last me about a month, most strings will last me considerably longer.

gozan-good call on the Ernies. Great strings. The Smiths I had were rough-feeling strings, but that's typical of stainless.
  4. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I like Ken Smith Rock Masters. I found them very bright and as longlasting as most strings I've tried. They are not my regular round strings ( which are DR LoRiders) but I think the KS's are pretty good.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I use Smith Burner NPS on my fretless Zon and a few othe basses. They are the only strings I've been happy with on the Zon.
  6. I use rock masters and NPS, and have no complaints at all. They do take a couple of tunes to break in, but (for me), they last a fairly long while, and keep a good tone - I have found the Spector strings to be very good as well (when I can find them).
  7. ptuckerbass

Sep 12, 2000
    Orlando, Fl.
    I think they are excellent strings for the price. At $13 - $15 for a four string set you can't beat'em.