1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

KEN SMITH STRINGS?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Smu573, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Smu573

Smu573

Dec 6, 2002
    U.S.A. Chicago Il.
    EDEN Artist
    I PLAY A Modulus Quantum 6 and I'm interested in a new set of Ken Smith strings. I noticed that the custom Ken Smith basses are all strung with slick wounds. I ussually use the rock master 130-30 guage. What's the sound difference between the two strings? I play in a jamtronica band. I do a lot of slapping and pitz playing.Are the slick rounds good for these styles?:bassist:

2. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    I'm pretty sure KSB basses come with Master Series Taper Wound Stainless Strings, I know both of mine did. But, back to the strings, the Slicks are ground on the outside and are close to flatwounds in feel and sound. They sound sorta like TI Flats, but not as smooth and with more tension. I really like the Compressors, the outer core is ah...compressed. they are a little smoother than rounds and much brighter than the Slicks.
    Bill

3. Smu573

Smu573

Dec 6, 2002
    U.S.A. Chicago Il.
    EDEN Artist
    good to know thanks for the feed back.