SOLD Ken Smith White Tiger 5 (2015)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BCook, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Price:
    $3800
    Strings:
    IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1155.JPG IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1123.JPG IMG_1110.JPG IMG_1105.JPG IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1154.JPG Hello!
    Up for sale is my beautiful Ken Smith White Tiger 5. If you're in the market for one of these, you know you're looking at a premium-made instrument: aged, first rate tonewoods; neck thru construction; brilliant electronics, tuning machines, etc, etc. This bass was made in 2015, but only has a little more than a year's worth of use between myself and the TB'er from whom I bought her. It plays like an absolute dream, with flawless ultra low action. The White Tiger wood configuration (walnut core and maple top/back) really is fantastic, with powerful low end, and really sweet highs. I am very sad to part with this bass, but I recently purchased another high end bass that is better suited to my more hard rock projects and I can't afford to keep them both... ☹️

Bass is freshly strung with Ken Smith taper cores (to take advantage of that low action this bass can offer), and two new 9 volts that power the really impressive active electronics. Comes with OHSC, and Smith case candy (as pictured below). As far as condition, I'm going to go with "excellent," only falling short of mint due to a few light scratches from my thumb, and a pretty good ding (that is fortunately on the back), which are pictured below (above?). Pics are fresh - took 'em like they do the new Smiths on Reverb because I think they look great that way!

$3600, shipped to lower 48. PayPal ok. No trades.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    robinunit likes this.
  2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Killer bass right here. Smith's are fantastic. GLWTS

Wstrindade likes this.
  3. Thanks, I agree!

4. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I wouldn't mind having a white tiger to go along with my black tiger. :D

5. Oh man, yea, that would make for a pretty pair!!

scubaduba likes this.
  6. Sold locally

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021