Ken Smith

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Bullitt, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Bullitt

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Indiana
    I doubt that I will ever have the cash to own one of your custom basses, that are beutiful by the way, but I would like to show you some respect. DonZ posted today about the new bass he ordered from you and the thread got around to some of the electronics. At this point, a member whom you had a back and forth with over wiring piped in with a shot about having to send the schematics. I want to commend you on your restraint and composure. You actually posted in that thread but did not even mention the shot taken at you.
    I respect the way that you handled both situations. My $.02...if you had problems understanding wiring and electronics how would you be able to make some of the finest instruments today? Continue to walk the line Ken!
  2. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I just went and read the entire Don Z. thread. What wiring question are you referring to?

BTW, What does making good Basses have to do with wiring. A rocket ship couldn't revive a dead Bass. First you make the Bass. Then you fit the parts and electronice that will compliment the Bass.

If the Bass is dead tonally, bury it and try again. Don't waste your money trying to fix it with pickups and circuits. You will end up getting rid of it for a fraction of what you spent and continue your quest elsewhere!

If I missed something here , then please post the exact question you are referring to.... Thanks....

BTW, Series Parallel is standard on all of our top end Basses. If you read his thread, you will see we were talking about two different things entirly. I was reffering to dual coil pickups and he was talking abot 'twin' single coil pickups which won't work with a balance control wired in series.

Let's not fuel a dead fire. It's a waste of gas !!!
  3. Bullitt

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Indiana
    referring to an exchange that happened with sheepdog awhile back concerning graphite and then moved on to series/parallel switches etc. Then, in DonZ's thread about his new bass the s/p thing came up again and sheepdog responded in the thread with something to the effect that schematics should probably be sent. I thought this was a shot at you and an insinuation that you lacked knowledge in the electronics / wiring area.
    I was not taking any shots at you or your equipment. I would love to own a Smith. I was merely impressed with the way that you handled the situation. You carried yourself like a true businessman. After going back and reading both of the threads again it seems that maybe you and sheepdog just had a misunderstanding and all is well. I hope so. This thread was my way of showing you respect for the way you acted and was not meant to be a question or meant to take up alot of your time.