1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ken Smith?

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by anonymous12251111, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous12251111

anonymous12251111 Banned

Apr 6, 2007
    What happened to this guy? Where did he go? What is this 'fiasco' I keep hearing about?

2. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    He left TB forums.
    You can find him at http://www.smithbassforums.com
    If you've already heard about it, then there's no need to repeat it here. (i.e. pot better left unstirred) otherwise, you could always ask him on his forum. Personnally, I miss his knowledgeable and prolific contributions.

3. Yeah, it's a shame he left. He was a guy that told you what was on his mind, whether it bruised someone's feelings or not. Some people couldn't deal with that, so he started his own site ( that looks a lot like talkbass!) :meh:

4. Saying he "left" is, while factually accurate, a bit disingenuous. He left in the same sense that getting fired is "leaving" a job. He posted his version of the events leading to his "leaving" on his site. No one on this side has posted their explanation so there is no counterpoint to his so take it for what it's worth. He was a great source of information though. I really miss his contributions.

mark

5. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    Yea, a real bummer. Now we're arguing about the provenance of a Craigslist find and the consensus is King:atoz:.

Ken would tell us where the tree was cut and who made the tools. :D

What a loss.

6. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I appreciate your suggestion to take Ken's version with a grain of salt. It's not really our business to post our side of the events that surrounded his leaving. It's a private thing, as would be such a conflict between any member and the people who try to enforce the TB community rules to which we all agree to adhere. If he's told his side of the story elsewhere, that's his business.

I personally welcomed the light he shed on many topics. But I also know that there are people on TB who have as much or more information as Ken to offer, and their voices are heard even more clearly now.

7. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Unless there are objections (feel free to PM me), I'm going to close this thread at the request of the thread originator (who realized after the fact that this subject has been discussed at length on here, and that the discussions usually shed more heat than light).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.