1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Kenneth Lawrence Associate 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moorebass, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd been on the lookout for an Ken Lawrence for quite a while and jumped on this bass when it became available earlier this month. Everything I'd heard about these basses is true. Top notch construction, wood selection, and attention to detail. Playability is off the charts.

So why am I selling? I have a killer MTD 635/24 that suits my playing situation slightly better than this one. It took me about a month to decide between the two, and this one is going to be at the top of the list of basses that I miss.

Here are the specs:

Top - Highly figured Walnut
    Accent Layer - Wenge
    Body - Mahogany
    Center block - Highly figured Ash
    Fingerboard - Grenadillo
    Neck - Three piece Maple
    Tuners - Black Gotoh
    Pickups - Custom passive Seymour Duncan Baseline soapbars
    Preamp - Custom active preamp with master volume/pull up mid-contour, pickup pan, boost/cut treble, mid and bass controls
    Scale - 35"
    Weight - 9.2 lbs

Since receiving the bass I've has my local luthier perform a setup on the bass, and I've modded the stock preamp from 9v to 18v. You will not believe the headroom this bass has now - phenomenal clarity and punch.

I will ship this bass in a custom TKL/MTD soft/hard case.

$2300 firm + shipping via no fee payment. No trades.

DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg

Kenneth Lawrence Associate 5 pictures by moorebass - Photobucket

Preventer likes this.
  2. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    34 or 35"?

3. 35

4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I like the subtle wenge between the body and top and on the control plate. Nice nice bass!

5. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    she's a beauty! too bad I'm monetarily poor...
    I really like the wenge wink on the body too.

6. Astroman

Astroman Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I've got a KL Associate 5 that is the absolute bomb! I've owned about 100 basses over the past 12 years, almost all the major hi-enders, and this is my favorite 5.

I currently own 9 basses and this is my go-to 5. Ash body, chechen top, grenadillo board, Barts, Audere 4-band.

If I wasn't overstocked I'd be very tempted to get a matching one in mahogany - hmm, better not think about it too much :rollno:

You can't go wrong on this one, methinks!

7. I agree completely - I've owned about 50 basses myself and this one is right at the top.

8. bump

9. JOEP054

JOEP054 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    PM Sent.

10. JOEP054

JOEP054 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    Payment sent. Thanks.

11. Sold and headed to NY.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.