Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kent Armstrong Humbuckers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jontom, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Are they any good? Compared to Bart, EMG, Seymour? What is their tonal "flavor"?...

2. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    I've heard only good comments about those pickups but never used them yet (I'm still in contact with Aaron Armstrong for custom pickups).

I'd really like to hear more feedback about tehm...Anyone??

JP

3. Hi
    I have them on custom FL V and must say, I am very satisfied with them. They are very agressive, (to my ears... even with TI Jazz Flats), when played right on the pup, but few milimetres further to the neck, great upright-like, mellow but full and clear tone. It gives me great amount of versatlility. A friend of mine, which has Stingray V, says that they are better then his stock pups. I don't know, but like mine. Never thought of changing them (which I unfortunately cannot say about MECs on my Thumb BO V). On the other side, never tried anything else comming close to the other brands you have mentioned. I would say: go for them.

4. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Just got my set from WDmusic.com. I have to say they are pretty transparent. They'll give you what your bass sounds like.