1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kent Armstrong Soapbars

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by mmbongo, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    SOLD!

From the 'what a moron I am' collection, here is a set of Kent Armstrong soapbars for sale!

I bought these from another TB'er last week. Looked directly at the measurements he gave and for some reason I thought they would fit what I need. They do not. So here they are again :)

I did some research and these appear to be KS6 pickups from the 'handwound in Europe' line but I'm not positive so don't quote me on that. Side by side humbuckers with 4 conductor wiring. Before I realized they wouldn't fit, I rubbed off a layer of funk including the logos which were pretty worn anyway. They look quite 'Lane Poor-ish' now! They are used, so they have a nick or ding here and there, and some hairline cracks in the outer shell which of course don't affect the performance.

They are 4.5" x 1.5"

Paid $60, selling for $60.
    Open to trades for just about any type of pickup, but really need a set of humbucking soapbars that are Bart MK1/MK5 sized.

Here is the original thread so you can see what they looked like before:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/fs-kent-armstrong-soapbars-4-5-string-two-$60-906906/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    pm'd

3. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China