Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kent Armstrongs vs Bartolini

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fiebru1119, Mar 24, 2005.

1. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight as to the tonal differences in these two pickups. They are my two options for the fretless 6'er I'm spec'ing out. The bartolini's in question are M56C deep tone quad coils and as far as the bass goes, its a neck thru wenge neck and ash body with ebony board. I'm just looking for reviews/opinions on the KA pickups themselves really, perhaps as compared to the Bartolinis. Thanks

2. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Don't know about the KA pups but I recently installed the Bart M56c pups in my 6 string and they are my personal faves. Passive setup turn full on (pups in parallel but each wired in series) and you can EQ them to sound bright and turn the pot knobs 25% and get dub deep and anywhere in between. I love them. By a 59 year old been playing since 16 as a bassplayer. I use this bass for Bluegrass band , church music of all kinds including an orchestrational work. - Hope this helps.

3. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    i had Aaron Armstrong jazz pickup and bartolini 9s before. Armstrong sounds clearer than bart to my ears and highs sounds lbetter when in parallel wiring. Armstrong are dual coil under single coil cover.