Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Squad5o4, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    Ive heard rumors that you were married to Kera from Black Flag, and that you even put out an album together? Just wanted to find out the truth from the source.

btw, it blows my mind to actually contact you.Your music has inspired me greatly as a bass player, who likes to play punk music. Thank you.
  2. Brepeo

Jan 6, 2003
    Oslo, Norway
    I'll answer this, since no else seems keen to. The band is called DOS, 2 Cds to look for are Justemente tres, and Uno Con Dos, I just got Uno Con recently from tower records after my many years searching, and it was worth the search, and you can get Justemente from KRS records go get it. About the relationship, I dunno, check out People magazine or something, no, somethings been going on, can't hide it. Right, hope I was helpful.........
  3. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
  4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

her name is kira and you're right, she played in black flag for a while and made seven records plus many tours w/them.

now for the incredibly important information: me and kira were married from 1987 to 1994 but now we are only married to our two-bass-only band, dos. we are still very good friends. there, I spared you an ordeal searching through back issues of that 'people' rag.

we've made two albums, one six song 12" e.p. and a 7" single - we're working on a new album now.

dos is my oldest band, we've had it for 'pert-near seventeen years now. if you're into bass, you'd might dig this!

check this link for info:

and we're playing a free gig tomorrow night (friday, jan 17):

friday, january 17 at 8:40 pm
    as part of the winter namm bass bash line-up
    at jt schmid's restaurant and brewery
    2610 e. katella av.
    anaheim, ca
    (714) 634-9200
    this gig is free!

there's all kinds of bass cats playing, check the above link.

thank you very much for the very kind words!

on bass, watt

5. Brepeo

Jan 6, 2003
    Oslo, Norway
    Hey, I was only joking about People Mag, as if you'd find anything useful info in that garbage. And besides, sorry, but Mr Watt, I just don't think you're pretty enough to be in those pages, maybe get some silicon or something and try again.
  6. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

will do.

on bass, watt