Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kevin Nealon appreciation time.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I found some old tape from like 1990-1993 of Saturday Night Live back home. I popped it in to enjoy the second and only good era of SNL. I suppose the older generation prefers the original cast (you can't blame them), but my generation had the early 90's cast. Todays generation gets crap.

Anyways this tape was full of Weekend Update With Kevin Nealons', and I haven't laughed so good in quite some time.
    [​IMG]

In my opinion one of the funniest and most underrated performers and comedy writers around. Some always say people like Phil Hartman and Kevin Nealon weren't funny, but they were mainly the writers along with Conan O'Brien. I never understood these people. How can you not enjoy Unforzen Caveman Lawyer?
    [​IMG]

Anwyays, all hail Kevin Nealon!
    [​IMG]

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not funny?! Especially Phil Hartman...he was one of my favorites. Newsradio was "da bomb" while he was still around.

Nealon's a very funny off-the-cuff guy and he occasionally still comes on Conan's show.

brad cook

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Oh man, Nealon was awesome! Loved the guy....

Wasn't he an NFL player for a season or two, I think with the Atlanta Falcons?

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Unfrozen Caveman Laywer was comic genious. I miss Phil Hartman. :(

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Same here. I also love Mr. Subliminal.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    My favorite Nealon line, comes from the movie, "Happy Gilmore"... where Happy is, "riding the bull, & feeling the flow". LOL, cuz its "circular". "Block, Bad, In, Good, FEEL IT".

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My favorite Nealon character is the one that does the commentaries, and changes the subject about 10 times.

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    nealon did the definitive weekend update.

(and i agree about the early 90s snl being the best era. :ninja: )

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Agreed, and agreed.

Dennis Miller was ok, but Nealon's Weekend Updates were even better.

10. I had a good time with the stuff Nealon was doing in that time period. Really funny at times.

My money was on Hartman tho. He just had "it". Good timing, good impressions, and yes, those large metallic birds do frighten and confuse me.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah Kev is a pretty funny guy.

12. I used to like when he would slip in the innuendo and then pause, looking dead at the camera with that evil grin of his...kinda a throw-back vaudville-type move, and it was pretty hilarious.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    In addition: 2 + 2 = 4.

Best Weekend update... hands down

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    "Send the ball home happy. Its got its bags packed... its got its ticket.... its just waiting for you to send it home."

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Studies show that three out of four dentists - leaves one denist.

16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I thought I'd take a moment for a brief editorial on the devistating conditions the Soviet Economy is now undergoing.

"the Soviet economly is now undergoing some devistating conditions....

Thank you"

17. A new poll showed that if the election was held today, people would be confused because it is normally held in November.

18. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    In the latest gallop pole, it's revealed that most people prefer to gallop then just trot. Interesting poll there.......

19. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    "Chya, I just love a goot piece of gurly mail"... pure genius.

I also like this skit with Phil Hartman and John Lovitz where Hartman plays a has-been actor, and he asks questions to Lovitz who has just answered the question in his previous statement. Goes something like this:

Lovitz: I get a 1000 letters a day from fans saying you're the worst actor they've ever seen!
    Hartman: What's the word on the street?

20. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Phil Hartman was Canadian and was also a stage hand for Jimi Hendrix at woodstock