Kevin Spacey sings Bobby Darin

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gfab333, Dec 10, 2004.

1. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Anybody heard this one yet? I thought that it would be like one of those William Shatner, Andy Griffith, etc. albums. You know, guys who can't sing trying to sing.

I was surprised to find that "Harry da Gimp" of the Usual Suspects really can sing those swing tunes and ballads! Boy, if they only new that Kaiser Soh-say can sing as well as wreak murder and mayhem! (inside joke for all you Usual Suspects fans).

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I heard him sing on some Beatles tribute show on TV a few years back. The dude can sing. And American Beauty if one of my favorite movies fo all time.
  3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I just saw the previews to Spacey's movie "Beyond the Sea" today before "Ocean's Twelve." I was amazed how much Spacey resembled Bobby Darren.

Mind you, I am fussy about this because I was a huge Bobby Darren fan from the day he first appeared on American Bandstand in 1960 singing "Splish Splash." Later I was really sold by "Mack the Knife."

Then I was mad at him for marrying Sandra early Britney Spears predecessor--of course not as bold and bare as Miss Spears, because actresses just weren't back then. All we teenage girls then loved Bobby Darren and Franky Avalon, but I thought Darren had more substance because he could sing swing as well as Sinatra (I thought.) Plus, Elvis Presley was too brazenly sexual for my tender tastes. He scared me.

I can't wait to see the movie and wonder when Oscar nominations are announced who will get the nod--Jamey Fox for "Ray" or Kevin Spacey for "Beyond the Sea" or both.