1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kevin Spacey sings Bobby Darin

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gfab333, Dec 10, 2004.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Anybody heard this one yet? I thought that it would be like one of those William Shatner, Andy Griffith, etc. albums. You know, guys who can't sing trying to sing.

I was surprised to find that "Harry da Gimp" of the Usual Suspects really can sing those swing tunes and ballads! Boy, if they only new that Kaiser Soh-say can sing as well as wreak murder and mayhem! (inside joke for all you Usual Suspects fans).

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I heard him sing on some Beatles tribute show on TV a few years back. The dude can sing. And American Beauty if one of my favorite movies fo all time.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I just saw the previews to Spacey's movie "Beyond the Sea" today before "Ocean's Twelve." I was amazed how much Spacey resembled Bobby Darren.

Mind you, I am fussy about this because I was a huge Bobby Darren fan from the day he first appeared on American Bandstand in 1960 singing "Splish Splash." Later I was really sold by "Mack the Knife."

Then I was mad at him for marrying Sandra Dee...an early Britney Spears predecessor--of course not as bold and bare as Miss Spears, because actresses just weren't back then. All we teenage girls then loved Bobby Darren and Franky Avalon, but I thought Darren had more substance because he could sing swing as well as Sinatra (I thought.) Plus, Elvis Presley was too brazenly sexual for my tender tastes. He scared me.

I can't wait to see the movie and wonder when Oscar nominations are announced who will get the nod--Jamey Fox for "Ray" or Kevin Spacey for "Beyond the Sea" or both.