1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kevin Ware injury

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeff K, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Prayers going out to Kevin Ware. What a horrible injury. Just awful...

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cheese and crackers, that was awful.

3. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Horrible to witness. Can't even imagine the pain.

4. Just saw it now. Terrible! Prayers and well wishes all around.

5. 1) Who is that?
    2) Video link?

lowsound

6. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    I too saw it and my eyes teared up. The teammates were devastated. I pray he will someday be ok. It was gut wrenching to watch.

7. College hoops player had an awful compound leg fracture. It's all over YouTube.

8. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    That leg broke in what, like 3 places? Almost reminded me of the Marcus Lattimore injury. Gnarly!

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    That was truly awful, I feel terrible for that kid. Prayers going out.

10. Keano

Keano

Dec 14, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The worst part of it for me was I happen to find out this completely off-guard and unaware. I was just browsing twitter trends and someone had posted an awful and all-too-detailed pic of it.

11. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Reminds me of the kick boxer who's leg snapped in two just like the basketball player's.

12. man....that's ugly...poor guy, i hope he's gonna be ok

i wonder if he's a member here...."What's the worst physical pain you've ever felt" thread seems appropriate

davesignatureII-1.

13. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    For those who don't want to look it up, all you need to see is the bench reaction:

[​IMG]

14. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    I worked at the emtc that treated him. I talked to the docs that treated him. We've seen much worse.

15. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I just wanted to comment that I saw this during the live airing and I truly, truly did not need to see multiple slow motion replays of it. I don't normally have issues with broadcasting standards, but that was brutal.

I hope he recovers quickly, and I hope they show a little more decency when replaying injuries like that.

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm glad that I didn't see this. Hopefully it will remain that way.

bc

17. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I got duped into seeing a video of it at work. I *almost* lost my lunch. I've seen an injury like this one time at a HS sporting event. It was extremely difficult to continue playing after seeing something like that and you have to feel for the guy and his teammates. Something like that will deflate an entire building.

18. The nature of such high level sports is fragile, some players are not able to return to full playing level even from things like bad sprains. If he makes a come back to full recovery I will be happily surprised.

19. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Meh. I really don't have a problem with how CBS handled it. You had the live occurrence, then 2 replays immediately afterward, like they do with most big events in any game, in mostly any sporting event.

20. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    That was terrible..I got queasy watching it. I was surprised at how badly it broke considered how far he DIDN'T fall. When I saw it, it was an injury I did not expect given what he was doing. Broken ankle maybe, but not that.. yikes.