1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kev's Random LS-2 Tip O' The Day

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevteop, Oct 2, 2008.

1. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Did you ever have your LS-2 set to 'A+B Mix <-> Bypass' and find you sometimes wanted to switch between just one channel and the mix of both? And find your LS-2 doesn't have a mode for that?

I figured out today if you add a dual-loop bypass switch you can have your LS-2 and... eat it. Or something. Anyway:

Guitar -> LS-2 IN
    LS-2 'A' SEND -> Looper IN
    Looper 'A' Send -> LS-2 'A' RTN
    LS-2 'B' SEND -> Looper 'A' RTN
    Looper 'B' Send -> LS-2 'B' RTN
    LS-2 OUT -> Looper 'B' RTN
    Looper OUT -> Amp

(Edit: Just realised I forgot to specify where you put the effects, it's all a bit pointless without effects! Hopefully it's obvious - between the LS-2 SENDs and the Looper IN/RTN)

So...

With both loops off, you get whatever's in LS-2 loop 'A'
    With loop 'A' on, you get whatever's in LS-2 loop 'B'
    With both loops on, you get the blend of both (normal LS-2 behaviour).

Yes I just made my pedal board even messier.

2. My brain hurts :(

I'm sure it sounds great though! :D

3. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good idea albiet a bit complicated :)

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Yeah it took me a while to work it out. Lots of drawing diagrams and crossing them out. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer though.

I'm currently asking around for quotes for a custom loop blender that can do all this in one box, but in the meantime I needed to do it for a tune, using kit I've already got, so I Apollo 13'd it.