Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kewl.

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by anonymous0726, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Aleph5

Aleph5

Feb 24, 2004
    Tennessee
    Wow, is it ever! :cool: Note to self: Add to GAS wishlist.

2. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    I tried this one out at ISB. You wouldn't believe how much acoustic sound comes out of that thing! No pickup was mounted, but I'd like to spend a day trying a boxful of them out on it.

Ike

3. 25 pounds? It's heavier than my 3/4 bass.

4. Considering that its sound chamber is considerably smaller than a normal bass's, having a comparable tone to a good bass for its size is nothing to shake a stick at.

+1 to trying it out.

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Costs more than my La Scala.

I'd have to be on the road an awful lot to get that past my wife.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i guess I will have to resign myself to not playing upright on the road. We're not big enough to get people to pay to rent one, I can't afford to bring one on my own, and the only EUB's that look like they're suitable for rockabilly slapping cost $5000. So no road bass for ol' Jim...

:crying:

7. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow! I would definitely be interested if I didn't just order a half size Christopher Busetto for travelling! Still, mine is coming in at less than half the price of this one....

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Would it really travel that much better? A little less wide, but still pretty large...

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    It does look nice. But I think that a true travel bass needs to bust in half, like the Eminence. When schlepping a bass, width isn't as much of an issue as length, in my experience.

Jimmy...maybe a plain old solid body Azola Bugbass would suit your needs. I played a borrowed one on a Hawaiian recording a few years ago, and it wasn't half bad. It had a P-bass pickup mounted on it. I'd think it would be feedback- and bulletproof, since it's just an upright slab. They show up used fairly often. I have a floating top five string Bug that's several steps up the food chain. Very nice bass.I'm thinking of selling it, but it's served me well on the road.