1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Key to my newfound board success-Morley Twin Mix

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lomo, Jul 19, 2012.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    After messing with FX previously and always bailing `cause they sucked the low end out of the mix, I decided to do it right and arrange a split signal path that allows parallel clean and affected sounds. I have pedals that have a wet-dry mix knob, but nothing works like a true parallel path. Basically it`s hooked up like this:

bass--pedal tuner---VT deluxe. The parallel out of the VT D--MXR env filter--MXR bass fuzz dlx---Zevex sweeper---channel 1 of the Morley. The affected out of the VT D goes right into channel 2 of the Morley, which then sends 1 output to the amp. It`s amazing. There were a few hours of tweaking necessary to equalize volumes of different FX combinations, but now I can use any combo of FX (including the 6 programmed tones of the VT D) and have about 50% clean, clear bass underneath it. Massive! I am now using some form of FX for about 50% of our cover tunes. For the 1st time, the board is enhancing the overall sound of the band. If you have poured tones of cake into your board and are still left wanting, I entheusiastically recommend splitting your signal path.