1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Keyboard sounds/patches

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OriginalCrash, Mar 21, 2009.

1. So I was curious... What different keyboards do you guys like for different sounds? Any one that does a Hammond organ pretty well? Or that one keyboard that nailed the grand piano sound? Maybe a (non-synth) keyboard that a had a pretty good selection of synthy lead and bass sounds, that kind of thing... Anyone?

Brian

2. mrpillow

mrpillow

Jun 1, 2008
    Montgomery, TX
    Best all around synth/keyboard on the market right now IMO is the Kurzweil Pc3/Pc3x

Killer piano sounds as expected from Kurz, Kb3 mode has been vastly improved from the K2600 series giving wonderful use as a Hammond modeller as well as other organ types. With the Va-1 waveform blocks, the huge DSP and routing potential of VAST, it literally cannot be beat by anything that isn't a dedicated virtual analog synthesizer and only that.

3. Although I don't own one yet, I've played one...

Nord Electro 2

87ea3658e6f9160e9e639a38c424d951.

The pure simple sounds of Hammond, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Piano, and Clavinet are my favorites and the Electro does them very well (no menu diving either).

The keybed (key action) isn't my favorite though, I'd probably prefer the rack version.