Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Jul 22, 2005.

1. This avatar is most unusual. :eek:

He looks like he moves ever so slightly when you're not focused on the pic. It's very subtle and I had to stop and stare hard to make sure he wasn't slipping a gif by me and hiding it in the purple and black lighting.

But maybe that's what he wanted me to do all along... :eyebrow:

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Got a pic of it? :eyebrow:

3. Uh,... yeah,... look to your left.

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Bone,
    What you smokin man. Got any more o that $hit :eek: :D

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    wow.

you're right bone, it does like it moves.... that's weird

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    ^^ Nice avatar Clay. :)

It looks like he's playing when you look indirectly. Only with my glasses off. Seems like it "waves" a little bit. Hmm :meh:

7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    '

Slightly.

It really does make me think it's doing something. Even before I read this thread I found myself looking back over at it every few seconds. :help:

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'd guess that it's a trick of the eye due to the black background and predominantly blue and red shapes. Kind of along the lines of the vibration you see when pure red and pure green meet in a hard edge or those black and white spirals that move when you look at them even tho they are printed on paper in a book. It also gives it an almost 3d look when you stare straight at it. Very cool avatar, and I'd guess he didn' even know it.

9. Nope, I'm dry now. Can't you tell it took a real fat one to see this? :D

But I think LaJoie just scored!

10. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    yeah, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, he just looks like a blue bal(le)d man playing upright.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    It kind of has the same effect when I see red text on this "Blues" theme for TB. Of course, I'm supposivly color blind to red, so that might have something to do with it, but it has that waviness. I just didn't want to be the one to post it :bag:.

-Ray