1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kick-Ass the movie...Has anyone seen it yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    in the comics, big daddy is just a no-body playing pretend, like kick-ass. i thought that was a better treatment of the character, instead of trying to have to justify his actions. i think it works better having him be a total nut-case who ruined his daughter's life just to fulfill his own sick power fantasy. but that just isn't how hollywood rolls. :meh:

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I absolutely agree, and i think the movie would have been way better if they had actually portrayed him as such.

3. i personally loved the little girls language. i talked like that at that age. still do. only if i said it to my dad he'd have beaten the **** out of me.

i was expecting a bit of comic romp in tights. kinda liked the fact that there was a good plot. and character development. and gore. and swearing.

and the little girl said the C word. that blew my mind. i didnt know you were allowed to say that in ANY movie.

i like nick cage being awkward and nerdy. he was always the bad ass with the perfect lines, and now hes a bad ass who never knows what to say. loved that character.

i needed more clark duke though. cant get enough of that kid.

4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    well, now we know where your fetishes lie :bag:

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    From IMDB:

Is this a parody like The Tick? The characters seem similar but the shtick not so much.

6. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    After Posting the op way back in March I finally went and saw it today......Jeez HitGirl is my new heroine she takes no prisoners and each one of those goons she killed had it coming...They should have named the movie HitGirl. This movie reminded me of Scarface with all the blood and violence...but done by a kid...as far as her swearing...the f bomb a few times, the two c words male and female versions, mf'rs, her buttkicking took away from the swearing and the stealthiness if that is a word at the begining of her fight scenes got my adrenalin going...totall enjoyed the movie..I wanted to see her kick those two guys butts at the end that were asking her for her lunch money. :hyper: I'm all whipped up right now and want to kick some AZZ!!!!! :bag:

7. To be fair, The Tick was simply a parody (and a bloody excellent one at that) of all things comic book.

So anything else taking that lighthearted approach is going to have a lot of similarities.

8. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    ok so when hit girl and Kickass take there masks off is that Dave or Todd cause it did not look like Dave. :confused:

9. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I loved it!

I thought the little girl's language was funny. I did think it was crazy because she seemed like she was only like 8 or 9 and I thought that was a little nuts but then I looked her up on the internet and she's 11. I wouldn't want any 11 year old talking like that but it was a lot better than if my 8-year old said it.

Wait. My 8-year old did tell her 2-year old sister to f*** off. I wasn't there, but I bet that was funny. Well, that and she should have been grounded forever.