Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kick Drum Band Logo?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hungry Soul, Jul 24, 2002.

1. My band is considering getting our band name printed on a kick drum head, but I really don't know what kind of printing this is or if there are only a few companies that do this kind of work. Any informational comments are appreciated. :confused:

2. You could probably just go out and buy one, and then take it to a spray paint shop. You know the kind where they will do your name on a t-shirt and on some other stuff? Just go to one of those and they'll probably do it for you. That's the only thing I can think of though.

3. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    a) Paint it on with a stencil

b) Find a Kick Drum Sricker (very similar to what is used on car windows):D

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the drummer in PP goes to a sticker shop. that's the easiest way.

5. My old band used plain old white wrapping paper to put the design on, and would wrap it around the front of the bass head. If you put it back on and smooth out any wrinkles, no one can tell the difference. Also, it's not permanent, so you aren't out the cost of another bass head if you decide to change it.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    If you're not into the "do-it-yourself" type stuff, I'd recommend going to a business that does screen printing. They can print on vinyl and plastic, they should be able to print on a drum head.

If you like the "do-it-yourself" stuff (like I do), do it yourself using any of the suggestions above. Personally, I'd do the design on the back of the head rather than on the front (if it's a clear head). Draw your design onto a piece of white paper, then turn said paper over and trace the design with a black magic marker. Tape the paper to the front of the drum head (so when you look at what will be the inside of the drum head, the design will be backwards) and either trace the design directly onto the head with your marker and then color it in, or paint the colors onto the head using the drawing as a guide (no black outline around each color).

Good luck and make sure you post pics when you're done!

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    This is our logo thats on our drummers bass head, go to a sign shop with your art, they can print your logo on a decal, and apply it right on top of the head.

8. maybe you could just change the bands name to "Tama" or "Pearl" or whatever's on the head already... it's probably easier that way! :D

9. If you want it done professionally REMO will put anything you want on a bass drum head. It's not cheap ($125 or so) but they do look awesome.

10. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    hey.. mindwolf ...that link which u posted seem cool... but damn... don`t u know if they send their work around the world? ;-) or if I can put it on my bass? ;-) i am damn hardly removing a polish from mt spector to make there some stupid airbrush ;-)))

i am lost.. my drummer would love it (*but don`t know how can he put there a names of 3 bands ;-))) I his huge drumkit as Portnoy have... maybe he should order 1 more kickdrum ;-) on each drum 1 logo ;D

11. my good friend natalie deceded she wanted something cool on her kick drum, so one day her and i came with a very cool design and first penciled it on, then painted it with acrylic paints. we're both art geeks, and drama freaks, and band nerds. *nerdy noises*
    peace & plaid
    -SHoonk

12. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    clear vinyl stickers....

im lucky in that i live directly opposite a huge custom shop of vinyl stickers......

my windows are no longer transparent...:eek:

:D

13. I can do any of this work - paint, vinyl, stickers, banners, backdrops, etc.

Contact me for more info.

14. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I own a screen printing company and the actual cost of a one color logo put on the drum head would be about 10 bucks you just need the right size screen