Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kickball

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mycranium, May 21, 2004.

1. So I decided I needed to play a game that would exercise more than my thumbs (oh, you're so dirty-minded - I was talking about x-box!), so I joined an adult kickball league. We had a pre-season pick-up game last night in West Hollywood, and it was a blast. I got on base twice and caught three fly balls for outs, but we lost anyway.

The league was started as a way to get out, run around and have fun in an environment less competitive and serious than softball tends to get. My hip flexors are super sore today, and I skinned my elbow & knee, but the post-game beers (half-price for league members at Barney's Beanery) made quite the good anesthetic.

The league has been getting some press, and the commissioner told us that at next week's Opening Day, The Best Damn Sports Show Period is going to have a crew there.

Now if I can just avoid arriving at first base head-first, I'll be doing great!

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    an adult kickball, league... stupendous idea

(imagines father playing kickball) :smug:

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Adult kickball? I never knew such a thing existed.

let alone an adult kickball league :eyebrow:

regardless, kickball is fun, I used to play it in 4th grade.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    kickball is fun... there is a version of it called "crazy mat ball" which is alot better though

5. I could see that as being fun but I'm still looking for an adult Dodgeball league, now that would be entertaining to watch.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Dodgeball :p :oops:

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Dodgeball is a lot cooler than that movie ever will be...

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It seems like kickball is becoming more popular. I saw a bunch of college guys playing when I was driving through my old college town the other day.

brad cook

9. Enlighten a stupid European... what´s kickball? Nothing to do with soccer, I presume?

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    It is like baseball, only you kick a (bigger) ball instead of batting it. There are some small rule differences, but not many.