Kid Rock the country star...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, May 19, 2003.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I appreciate country music, but I don't stay current or follow the 'country scene'...well I was at my folks this weekend and the old man was watching country music video's - I was surprised to learn that now Kid Rock is a country music star!? I say good for him - I actually appreciate most of Kid Rocks work and the country duet with Faith Hill was really good...I also saw a song he did with Hank Jr. - that was cool. I think maybe 'ol Bocephus has got a new 'rowdy friend' - I think that I'll go so far as to say that Kid Rock is the most versatile player in the music industry right now. I'm proud of the kid.
  2. CMT also shows Springsteen videos. Honestly, most "country" music these days is just '80s pop-rock with Southern accents.

Seeing Kid Rock play country is heartening, though. Whatever you might say about his rap-rock efforts, he's obviously got stylistic diversity in his record collection.
  3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr. did a show together on CMT a few months ago.
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I like Kid Rock. He is one of the few good musicians in today's popular music scene (imo). He is a talented guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter/lyricist. I like his music a lot. I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I think he is one of the few really good, versatile musicians out there today.
  5. I'm not a big fan of Kid Rock, but he definately has talent. Kudos to him.
  6. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Simple, yet profound and dead on.
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have to go with the flow here and agree that Kid Rock is a very talented guy. Also, the production on Devil Without a Cause blows me away, everytime I hear it.