Kids Are Alright DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rjg, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Anybody checked this out yet?

On the bonus disc, they've separated out the bass track and the footage of Entwistle on
    "Baba O'Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again"--the versions that were recorded the film.

Just Entwistle. Nothing else.

Fun stuff.
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have it, and watched a few minutes of it. But haven't yet been able to carve out an evening to go thru both of the discs yet. But It'll happen.

Cute book, with all the inside scoop. Pulling WHO footage out of garbage cans and such.
  3. I'm assuming this includes the full "Quick One," not the butchered version from the VHS.

BTW--what's the "lost Ringo track"? Is it the oft-bootlegged "I Want To Hold Your Hand," apparently done the same day as the movie's "Barbara Ann"?
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have finally gotten through both discs. The movie is delightfully complete. Including "A Quick One".

I chuckled watching Kieth Moon's "silly" antics in heavy jams like "Young Man Blues" and "Sparks". A very cool flick all around.

The second disc has Entwistle playing "Baba O'Reilly" and "Won't get Fooled again" without any accompanying instruments. Pretty cool bass lesson. Some decent "Entwistle style" on those clips.
    Alright for $20.00