1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kids can be so cool!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Mar 13, 2008.

1. So all of my life i have been collecting toys, lately though I just have not had the money to spend on toys like i did in the past (Bills, Kids, Mortgage Bass G.A.S. etc.). I'm also a huge Ghost Rider freak and have been since i picked up my first Ghost Rider Comic in 1972....On a recent trip to our local indie comic shop, i ran across a Ghost Rider Marvel Select action figure (Original John Blaze style figure taken from the 70's comic) retails for about $20.00 bucks, and while I probably could have bought it that day, I opted not to, as there just seems to be an endless list of more important things to spend my money on than toys (That day i spent the 20.00 on a movie and lunch for me and my son). Well as today was my birthday, at roughly 7:00 a.m. this morning after only 4 hours of sleep (I work nights) my 9 year old son woke me up and presented me with this...before heading off to school
    bselect_ghostrider.

This is huge as its $20.00 retail cost represents a whole month worth of his allowance

I know it is silly but it is quite possibly the coolest gift of my life considering its source....

2. I hope when I have a son he's as cool as your son is.

3. Rockin man

4. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I can't wait until my son is a little older so we can share stuff like this........

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Super cool kid.

6. Spoiled Grape

Spoiled Grape I <3 Darkstar

May 29, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Awesome kid.

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. Cool story Snake. :)

8. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Great gift. Be aware your son is watching you.

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    lol

Great story man. :)

10. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    very very cool, that's good boy you have there

11. Dude, that's wicked awesome, and happy b-day too.

12. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    #1 - Happy Birthday:hyper:
    #2 - Wicked Cool little Mini You there ... don't forget this day when his day comes around too bro ;)
    #3 - hope my mini me will dig all that I dig ... so far, his legs kick like a drummer ...:rollno: ... I hope that it is just him diggin on the groove, and not a future drummer ...:p

13. Great story! (now pay the kid back)

Oh, and you're a HUGE dork.
    (This coming from a guy with a GIANT Star Wars figure collection. hehe)

:)

Happy B-Day!

14. Thanks fellas....

However I think he finally realized that when i die he gets it all....lol

seriously though it was awesome and he is into pretty much everything i am (except he plays drums)
    drumman2.
    ...and skateboards instead of BMX in my day...lol

15. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    bmx ...

oh man i still have scars on my knees from all my wipeouts.

i was going through some old crap from high school, saw a picture of myself on the golf team when i was 13 years old my freshman year. i thought to myself, man, that was almost 20 years ago!!!!! :(

WOW!