Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kids in the Hall sketch

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by lowfrez, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Anyone see the kids in the hall sketch about how no one wants to hangout with the bass player after the gig?

LOL

I was laughing my butt off. :D

They're done with the the gig and the guitar, vocalist, drummer, adn groupies dodge him adn tell then their going to sleep.

:eek:

2. NO WAY! This is the first time I have heard of someone other than me having seen that one!!! That is one of my favorie sketches.
    "The bass player dates the other guys' girlfriends' friends"
    "oh, there's a party tonight? is meghan gonna be there?"

that and "the doors fan" are my favorite KITH sketches

3. I think I've got an MP3 of that somewhere.

"He made a little mistake...but you may not have heard it."

"Look at him flail, with nothing but stubby fingers and a dumb look on his face!"

"Sometimes I get caught up in the bass playing, and I'm flying! Sometimes I end up in a different neighborhood, but that's okay- whenever I listen to the bass player, I bring cab fare."

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have never felt more more understood than I did in those few minutes...:D

5. The only KITH skectch I really remember is the one where a guy and his girlfriend are getting chased by a zombie, and all you hear is 'do do do do do do do', and they're throwing crap at him and he wont fall.... that was some funny s**t.

6. skrubbles

skrubbles

Oct 30, 2002
    Steilacoom, WA
    And here I was thinking I was the only one who still thought KITH was funny :)

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I LOVE kITH.. its such a great show......... but i haven't seen the sketch about the bass player.. i feel so useless now..

8. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
  9. cool,

I need to get the video of it,

anyone know where i could find it on the web?

10. "He died on him! He died right on him!"

That one and the stump hand waiter skit rule...there's so many though...

I need to rent Brain Candy, I heard it's hilarious.

11. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Do a search in here on this. I even took a shot at the tab for the main riff in that sketch. My only tab! :D

12. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I only saw it once. However, that one time was the most secure I ever felt with my TV. I felt like someone out there actually understood me. :D

To quote Homer Simpson:
    "It's funny cuz it's true"

13. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Yeah, it's in the archives somewhere - I recall getting lambasted for thinking it was cool :)

Check the sig!

14. D'oh. I downloaded a sound clip and I thought Kevin said "The best part...he's Nick" since my name is Nick.

Neck...Nick...Oh well...

15. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    [Kevin Sings] The mother, the father, the serpent, the priest. The foreman, the woman, the widow, the beast.

the GREATEST KITH sketch ever. i laugh almost to tears whenever see it.

-jimbo

16. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    That show's the best. Bought the DVDs recently. It's on Season 1 if you guys are interested. Oh man, I just resurrected a post from 4 years ago.

17. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I could've sworn I ran into it on youtube the other day...:confused:

1,000 Helens agree...
    I'm crushing your head!

edit--I used to work with this woman who was a ringer for the Chicken Lady! :eek: (except for the legs)

18. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004
  19. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Best skit ever!!!!!