Kids in the Hall

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sargebaker, Aug 30, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I love these guys. It just seems they were doing the random funny before it was the big cool thing to do, and managed to keep some wit and intellect in it. Are they still around / coming back? I watch the older episodes that play on COmedy Central daily.

EDIT: Aren't Shadowy Men on a Shadowy PLanet just SO sick too?
  2. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think they did some type of reunion tour about 5-6 years ago. I thought they were pretty funny. Some of the stuff was tacky, and at times severely un-funny. But overall, I dug their skits.
  3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I'm crushing your head!

That, and their theme song kicked ass.
  4. They're just about the best thing to come out of the CBC aside from Hockey Night in Canada. :)
  5. Drunk on love? Noooooo.........drunk on Gin! :smug:
  6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    They "Annoying Little Kid" skit was the funniest thing that they did.

"Want me to paint that chair, well I can't, cause I'm in a bike race."

The Girl Drink Drunk is a runnerup.

Buddy's was the most unfunny thing I've ever seen.
  7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Who can forget the bass player skit?

"Hey, bass player. Look at the bass player. Look at that smile, there's sadness in that smile. Look at that chord structure, there's sadness in that chord structure. Look at him flail like the wailin' wall with nothin' but stubby fingers and a dumb look on his face. He don't know it but he's balding...spiritually. But everybody hates the bass player. No one invites the bass player to the party after the show."
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

"Oh concert playing tonight!"

"Love the band, hate the bassplayer"

"LOSE HIM!"

KITH was great. I liked Buddy, but Scott Thompson's(sp?) best monologue was as Manny Coon. I would quote it, but it's a get the idea.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah they had some funny tv moments.
  10. I was that kid for Halloween a few years ago!

"Want me to paint that chair"
    "How much does a job like that pay?"

"Do you like onions? I like onion sandwiches"

11. I'll agree with that. They had their rofl moments, but there were times where I was left sitting there bored to tears.
  12. Guys, let's be honest here, how is this ANY different than with SNL, only w/o the "rofl moments"? :D

I'll take "bad" KITH segments over "good" SNL segments everytime. Hell, when you have 2 bit hacks like Jimmy Fallon jumping ship, and not remotely funny Keenan Thompson types stepping in, you know a well beyond dead ship when you see it.
  13. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Indeed. We know KITH owns SNL, but what about SNL vs. MadTV? I don't watch either, and never have. If I'm actually gonna turn on the TV, I might as well find something worthwhile.
  14. Perhaps one of the most terrifyingly funny things I'd ever seen was on Mad TV. It was the claymation Davey and Goliath called Davey and Son of Goliath- where Goliath was an imaginary dog that made Davey kill people in parked cars.
  15. And "Having An Average Day" or whatever the theme is called is my quintessential T-Bird bass sound.
  16. "These are the Daves I know.." :bassist: :D
    And the Chicken Lady. Damn, that was funny.
  17. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    The best skit of all time was with Bruce McCullagh and Nate McKinney - they're both working as some kind of coal shoveler, and they just keep feeding this weird furnace. Bruce turns to Nate:

"Do you ever think about... the darkness?"

It goes on for several more minutes. You'd really have to see it.

Another good one was when Dave Foley the assassin was hired to kill himself.

Also, when the old lady had her gazebo stolen by her neighbors and died trying to steal it back. :D
  18. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    "Slipped my mind, but I tell you what ....."

great sketch!

MY PEN!
  19. The chicken lady masturbating on the ride-on horsey at the mall. Sick!!!

"Sex Girl Patrol" was funny too.

If I had to rank the 5 guys in order of preference it would be:

1: Bruce McCullough
    2: Dave Foley
    3: Mark McKinney
    4: Scott Thompson
    5: Kevin McDonald

I once saw Bruce do stand-up at a comedy club. The thing I remember about his routine was him saying more than once to the audience "Sure we drank piss. But we had to. We liked the taste."