1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kidz Bop totally grosses me out

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    t_6513_01.

That's why I said Death Metal. No ulterior motives. You know exactly what they are talking about.

Well, if you can understand them, at least.

And sex is the LAST thing on their minds. Literally.

2. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I remember being in a Sears or Penney's just raising heck with the check out lady because my 11 year old daughter picked out a shirt that said "eye candy" on it. What surprised me was how many ladies that were getting on my case for being upset for asking the check out lady if she felt the shirt was age appropriate. I was the "bad guy".

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Welcome to my world.

4. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Thanks but you should know that I believe in 3 Gods.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    [​IMG]

:confused:

6. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    their are so many other things to worry about with my 5 year old lil' girl that Kidz Bop is the last thing on my mind... when I was her age I was listening to what I now know was probably inappropriate but I was raised right so I'm okay... Gary Glitter, Mud and Alvin Stardust didn't hurt me too badly... my daughter listens to all that stuff but how proud I was on Saturday when she asked me to play Creedence in the car because she loved the voice of the man singing... girl has taste!

7. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Nice. I actually like your signature...it makes sense.

8. I'm a teenager saying I don't like it, :spit: :p

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Singer BOB (zanger Bob) is THE representation of the singing kidsstar.

[​IMG]

I know every Dutch TB'er will hate my guts now, but check this out!

It totally cracks me up everytime I see/hear the little chumper.

The earring! The way he misses his high notes by a hair. Damn.

:D :D :D :D :D

10. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    That's very disturbing Vorago.

11. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    What the heck is he singing about and I thought that style of music went out in the eighties.

Nice coordination of dancers on the boat. :p

12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

I know man, first the huge chesthair picture, now this...what happening to me man??

:p

13. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I can't say exactly, I would say your new avatar makes up for some of it.....but it may also be causing it....:eyebrow:

14. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Wouldn't really say a 17 year old qualifies as pedophelia.

Now if the lyrics were something like "She's only fourteeeeeen", I would agree.

15. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

I certainly concur with your feelings, I was telling my wife pretty much the same thing, it should not be comming out of the mouths of young kids. The next thing you know, parents will want to slap their kids in the mouth and send them to their rooms for acting grown, with of course the Kidz bop cd in tow...makes no sense to me:scowl:

16. I decided to teach my sister how to sing like that dude from Necrophagist. She is only 7. :cool:

17. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    The kid should get used to getting looks like at 0:53.

18. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Well honestly, I don't mind them singing it, because they don't know what it means and neither does their demographic. They just like it for the music, and there isn't much cleanliness out there anyway. What i hate it for is the way they ruin the songs. I never have liked covers. Except for a select few. I always want the originals. Thats why i get really mad when playing Donkey Konga 2 or Guitar Hero.

19. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    We have about 3-4 of those annoying kiddie albums advertising on the TV, as Xmas is closing by..

One is the Smurfs album, which is probably the 15th of it's kind - they put one out every year at the same time with popular songs translated into Finnish. The other is, interestingly enough, something called 'The Little Squirrel' but the songs are all in the original language and with slightly heavier guitars et cetera. I assume they couldn't find a translator or something. And a couple of other. It's horr-tastic, I tell you.

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Dragonforce gross me out... with their br00tal sickness.