1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Kiesel/Carvin PB4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PotsdamBass8, Sep 10, 2019.

1. PotsdamBass8

PotsdamBass8 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    EDCCCAE6-6DA9-4CE4-899B-998CA02B912A. This is about 2 years old. It has an ash body with raw tone black finish, black blocks, and the smaller (more rounded) radius. Nordstrand NP4A and NJ4 pickups added. I don’t still have the original pickups.

I bought this bass for playing in drop C tuning, but recently had it set up in standard including having a new nut made. I’ll include the drop C one in the gig bag. I have a 5 string PB so once I put this in standard, it became redundant. The bass plays extremely well. It just feels fast. I actually had a G&L SB-2 that I was using when I got this one, and I started using this so much because it was so easy to play, I ended up selling the G&L. It has a little bit of “polishing” on the armrest, but not bad. There is some worming on the back from a belt buckle, because the finish is so thin. I’ll add pictures of that soon.

In terms of weight, I have not weighed it officially, but it feels noticeably lighter than my PB5 which is 8.8 lbs. I’ll try to get an accurate weight.

I really really like this bass, but it’s just not needed right now and I’ve got the itch.

Price includes the Kiesel hard shell gig bag (which is great). I have the original box to ship it in. Buyer pays shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. PotsdamBass8

Jan 23, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    It’s really hard to get the arm rest polishing to show up. It’s mostly on the edge.

Attached Files:

3. PotsdamBass8

Jan 23, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Price drop