1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Kiesel Vader VB4! Headless beauty!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pbass6811, Nov 19, 2018.

1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Price:
    $975
    Strings:
    Hey all,

I'm offering up my Kiesel Vader VB4. Kiesel is really making some nice stuff! The Vader is one of their headless models and it does rock! With the free options that Kiesel offers, I got a couple of cool upgrades...

20181118_234414.
    20181118_234458. 20181118_234547.
    20181118_234553.
    20181118_234639.

Kiesel Vader VB4
    -Alder Body
    -8lbs
    -Flamed Maple top
    -Transparent Purple w/Black Back and sides
    -Maple Neck
    -Ebony Fretboard
    -34" Scale
    -19mm spacing
    -Luminlay side dots
    -Neck Pickup: Kiesel Split Coil Humbucker
    -Bridge Pickup:Kiesel Single Coil
    -Kiesel preamp(Volume(active/passive)/Blend/mid w/sweep/stacked bass/treble)
    -Hipshot Headless bridge
    -Kiesel Head piece(made by Hipshot)
    -Dunlop Straplocks
    -Kiesel soft case

I wanted a P/J, so I had it built with that in mind. The "P" pickup sounds like a "P" pickup! Kiesel does a good job with their builds. Plus, head piece allows you to use whatever strings you love! No special strings needed. I've got Dunlop Super Brights on it. Condition is 7/10. It's been gigged pretty extensively. There's no major flaws, but it has normal play wear.

If you want something cool and unique, this is for you. Makes a fantastic travel bass as well...

$975 obo. Not looking for any trades on this, unless it brings some cash my way. PayPal is welcome and I will ship it internationally, but we'll hafta work out the shipping.

Full Disclosure- I had some issues with the straplock coming loose on the top horn. I did the old stick a golf tee in the hole, break it off, and screw it back in. It worked famously, except when I screwed it back in, the extra wood pushed the screw off-center and it pierced the horn on the bottom. Of course, I freaked out and ran it to my tech who gave me a paper bag, told me to breathe, and assured me that it was ok. Unless I try to use a longer screw, it should be fine. In fact, the straplock hasn't moved since I did it, sooo...

Gots questions? Hit me up. Thanks for looking!

2. Nice. Wish I had money. Every "fantasy build" I do on their page, I do with the "black back and sides" option. Always wondered what it would look like in real life. I like it with the purple.

BnB

pbass6811 likes this.
  3. groucho mark

groucho mark

Mar 27, 2012
    Kinda wanted to check one of these out. Yours seems kinda beat up. No offense intended.
    I happen to be a bit hard on my instruments so I know... that said,
    $650?

4. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    No offense taken. Having said that, it's not really beat up, other than the strap button snafu...;)

If you're interested, drop me a PM and let's talk.

5. WannabeBassman

WannabeBassman

Jan 17, 2015
    San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles)
    Someone told me pants are optional.
    PM with OP indicates this bass has been traded.

(For any of you others looking dreamily at these photos :( )

6. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    PMED

7. WannabeBassman

WannabeBassman

Jan 17, 2015
    San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles)
    Someone told me pants are optional.
    I feel for ya' :crying:
    It was a purdy one.