Kill Bill

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soundoholic, Oct 11, 2003.

1. I just got done seeing the movie Kill Bill volume 1. It's an excellent B movie. The movie is in the style of old samuri movies. It has tons of violence and blood. I will say again, tons of blood. Do not bring the kids. It is rated R for a reason. This movie is very refreshing if your getting used to the mainstream movies of the summer.

Anybody else see it?
  2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I've heard from many places the gore is so over the top and stylized it is not offensive at all, more like an anime. Haven't seen it though.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not a big fan of gory stuff is it really THAT bad? ....hrm :meh:
  4. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Quentin is perhaps the closest a human will get to divinity. In some strange way it surpasses Pulp Fiction in style.. I absolutely love Kill Bill, and I'll be seeing it again and again and again. David Carradine IS the Man, even though you never see his face.. I can't wait for episode 2, and see the final showdown.. mmmmmmm

Fantastic movie. I give it 7 stars out of 4.
  5. "I've heard from many places the gore is so over the top and stylized it is not offensive at all, more like an anime. Haven't seen it though"

Just like he said.

Sorry if I over emphisized the gore. The gore really becomes nearly humorous in most scenes because there is sooo much blood. It's funny or maybe i'm just sick? It sort of reminds me of those final destination movies, I couldn't stop laughing. You were just waiting for someone else to get it.
  6. Kill Quentin. that dude is bent . Rage against the violence..I am so sick of movies that have to rely on ultra violence to get people to see them. isn't this world violent enough? watching people get shot, sliced, and killed for pleasure is sick IMO even if it is a fictional movie or a video game....:spit:
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    hahaha this comes from someone with an avatar of a bloody* hand :D

*or vegemite? i dont know the story behind it :meh:
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    well, the very first scene is a brutally beaten uma thurman getting shot in the head, then more revenge killing spree and a cool anime in between that would make the animatrix blush in comparison...

Im enjoying this movie so far, glad to see Tarantino getting his dream of making an asian flick B-movie done... he must had so much fun with it

oh, this is my last post on talkbass...

see ya dudes

9. Well, its a heck of a lot better than the trash Hollywood is producing nowadays....Quentin can put together a good mix of style AND substance.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

but but...the matrix revolutions hasn't even dropped I'm going to be all alone:(
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Where are you going, Dave?
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    maybe he's going to go see kill bill? :meh:

13. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Alone?? I love the Matrix man...
  14. I loved it. The reviews I read seemed to say that it was really trite, etc.

I love it.

There are two types of movies in my opinion, the type where you're watching, anticipating, it's great etc, and the type where you wonder, "where the hell was the movie"

This was definitely the good type. It was very fun and creative, with the perfect amount of "what the ****?"
  15. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I thought it was pretty sub par. I think the highlight of the movie for me was the J-Spec Fairlady (Nissan 300zx). That should tell you something.

Violence for the sake of violence is not art.
  16. It was NOT violence for the sake of violence. It was creative violence, and conjured (intentinal) feelings in the viewer that are usually not associated with violence.
  17. :confused:

can't you post at least one more to explain?
  18. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Yeah, there's a lot of artistic merit to having a young woman in a school girl outfit slice open a guy's guts. It had nothing to do with the plot- the girl's background had no bearing on the story whatsoever. The cut scene was just more swearing and blood. There are a bunch of scenes like that- "Sorry about all that plot, here's some gore!" And because Tarantino did it it's "stylish and hip directing". Whatever.

Not to mention the fight at the end, with The Bride knocks off about 50 hapless goons. Number 36 was a really good social commentary on race in public schools. :rolleyes: Quentin Tarantino is sick.
  19. Quenten tarentino is god.

20. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

SuperDuck, just out of curiosity do you ever watch anime? Ever seen old Samurai movies?