1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Killer Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lbanks, May 17, 2011.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Has anyone here have one of these? I'm quite taken with a couple.
    kb_quarry_2010_bk. kb_simony_wh. kb_tranquill. kb_rancore_bk_logo.

2. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I like the reverse Ric inspired one

3. Not crazy about them from looks standpoint, though as already mentioned, that reverse-ric-style one is interesting!

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I like Reversed Ric and the 'Least' Paul.

5. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    From the Samick factory?

6. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island
    hmmm... subbed... like the reverse Ric also :)

7. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    They look like they were photoshopped together... I'd be interested in the Ric one if I were left handed. Seems to me more like an Iceman type bass. As in: Cool looking but bad sounding, neckdives horribly, and is too hard to play.

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I believe they are made in Japan. So I expect the quality to be pretty good, prob. expensive and definitely insane.

9. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Yeah, I gigged with a Simmony for a good 18 months, great guitars, really they are just reshaped Jazz basses.

Quality is pretty good, the basses under $1K are either korean or chinese made but Japanese assembled.

They hold no resale value though, so keep an eye on ishibashi for used ones, a Killer 'Dagger' just sold for $180

Generic sounding, but interesting looking..

10. Never seen them before.

Oddly enough, the P/JJ at the bottom caught my eye - I think it was the Strat-style jack and the G&L-ish headstock that did it. Pretty interesting. I wonder how it sounds with the two pickups so close together like that.

11. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I think Killer is owned by the guitarist from Loudness, Akira Takasaki.

12. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Bumping this thread cause I got my eye on a used one of these. "Generic sounding but interesting looking" is pretty much exactly what I'm after, though I'd prefer a generic P to a generic J... would probably just use the neck pickup. And play it lefty!

So, any other opinions about these in general and the Simmony model in particular?

13. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    No.

14. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
  15. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Planning to get one of these next week! I was having some second thoughts, so I sent some pictures of it to a girl who used to do modeling and asked her what she thinks. She told me I must buy this bass, so that settles it.

16. Hope your store has one in stock.

The product of this place is now [of a reservation receptionist]. The arrival plans about November on the next time
    I inform it of a current approximate delivery date by the reply email from a shop.
    Because there is it when the appointed date of delivery is mixed up by production of makers circumstances, please let me send a news email if arrival information enters each time.
    Our store can wait in peace until a product arrives.

Whoever wrote this would make an awesome tech writer. :rollno:

Rick B.

17. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    LOL, I tracked down a used one in a country I'm visiting next week, so no need for [of a reservation receptionist] or a store that can wait in peace.

18. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Got it now, strung it up for fifths tuning, and moved the strap button over to the left-handed side. So, I'm playing a right-handed bass that's shaped like a left-handed bass left-handed, lefty-strung-righty, and tuned in fifths so all the intervals are upside down. That's like quadruple upside down by my count.

Now to play a gig with it and find out just how much chicks dig it!

19. louthedog

louthedog

Sep 8, 2011
    Here's my Killer, excellent bass all around....Built for JMJ and in a Beck Video. Thepoint. Killer2.

20. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    What, no FIVE strings?