Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Killer Beelze

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6-3-2, Jun 29, 2004.

1. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Well, I purchased one of these basses in April. I knew it was a fairly rare bass, limited in Japan, so what are the odds someone else in the US has one. Turns out the guys over at The Low End had one. Well, this is somewhat of a chance for me post a pic of my bass, and I wonder does the person who runs The Low End post here? If so, do you have any info on this bass? I know most of the info but any extra would be appreciated. Here's the nice pic they had http://www.thelowend.net/gallery/images/atlansia/Killer 1.jpg
    And a pic i took of the back of the bass.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It;s a backwards ric. It looks pretty cool. And i have always been a fan of white basses.

3. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Hmm, I forgot to actually talk about the bass. First of all I think it's one of the coolest looking basses out there. While some may think the reverse body would cause problems, not really, it balances pretty well, and I can reach the upper frets up till 20 very easily. The sound is jazz like, but a bit smoother. Great articulation and sustain. The bar magnets offer a very consistent and smooth sound. It sounds great anyway, fingerstyle, slap, or pick all sound great. It can achieve a nice funky tone regardless of the 60's jazz wood combo. Other thing that makes it unique is the two tone controls, which are very interesting. If you have one pickup soloed both the tone controls work for one pickup, but if you have both pickups on, then they work for the two seperate pickups. Offers lots of tone tweaking. The feel is great, the deep carve in the back feels nice, and the neck is jazzlike, maybe a bit thinner though, but with a good curve. I'll end it at that, ask questions about it if you'd like, I can't quite describe it any better, sounds fabulous, certainly pro, blew the doors off a Czech Spector when I played them back to back, I think that's respectable.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I had the Greco, the Killer was sent to me from a guy that owned it and saw my Greco back when it was for sale. The bassist for Violent Femme's actually bought it. He also owned another Atlansia that was a 1 string which he actually played quite a bit he said.

Thanks and enjoy the Killer, sorry i can't tell you more about the Killer

5. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm a dash confused by what you're saying. Did the bassist from the Violent Femmes buy the Killer bass or the Atlansia? Because I think you're saying you just had the Killer and took a pic, and never actually sold it. Also, wondering about that thanks enjoy the killer, I don't believe I bought the Killer from your website, I bought mine from Ishibashi.

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    He bought the Greco when they came through Memphis, Tn.

The Killer was a guys that saw my Greco forsale and sent me a pic to post for people to see more Atlansia's. I've never had the Killer, just a Pic the owner wanted me to post.

7. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Alright, now it makes sense.

8. Do you have a pic of the front?

9. Wow, that's like an Iceman Rick.

That is so totally a pick bass.

10. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Pic of the front, is at the website link. It does somewhat remind me of an iceman, but really it's a backwards ric.