SOLD Killer Highway 1 Jazz FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    2003 Fender Highway 1 Jazz Bass. Very modded. Has Bartolini 9J1 single coil pickups, sadowsky pre-amp, battery box (professionally routed and installed), side jack, hipshot D-tuner and the rest of the tuners are hipshot as well, fully shielded cavities. This is an amazing sounding and playing bass. Producers are always very pleased when I use this one on tracks. The Bart pickups sound amazing. Very fat and warm sounding, but not muddy. The single coils have a nice bite when solo'd and are super full when run together. No buzz at all in the electronics on this one. The Sadowsky pre with the Barts is a fantastic match up. I was super pleased by how well they work together. I've had this bass since new in 2003 and all the wear is all legit by yours truly. It's all cosmetic only. The sticker on the pickguard is vinyl stick on that will peal right off with no residue if so desired to have it removed. The frets are in great shape as I've never used anything but flats or nickle rounds on this bass. The truss rod works with no issues. The action can get ridiculously low on this guy and it can be a slap machine if so desired. I've got around (modestly estimating) $1200 in parts, bass, and work in this one. The electronics alone are almost $400. Comes with a Levy's Lakland gig bag. Asking $675 shipped for this guy. You won't find a better playing/sounding bass for this price.

6d37e033.gif
    81e24fc1.gif
    bf96ac2c.gif
    e1a1b5bc.gif
    c6718a0a.gif

2. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump

3. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I've played this bass and can say that the Sadowsky preamp and Barts sound fantastic! It also has some of the lowest action I've seen on a Jazz bass - and no fret buzz at all.

Somebody's gonna get a great deal. :bassist:

4. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Sold

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.