Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

killer Modulus 4 fs/ft $750

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jsonnenblick, Mar 10, 2003.

1. If you are looking for "the jam band sound" -- like Phish, late-era Blues Traveller, etc -- this is your bass!

It's an M-92 4-string, which is basically a Sweetspot with a pearloid pickguard. It's a pre-trussrod model, which has the skinniest, fastest, most stable neck on Earth.

Comes with OHSC.

I'm looking to sell outright, or trade for something more "mainstream"-sounding (I have 3 Moduluses). I'd especially love either a Stingray, or something that can be switched to passive.

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Jordan
    Are you playing that thing anywhere?

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
  4. John --

I'm playing it a lot at this cool place called my basement!

Seriously, I haven't played out on bass in a while, but if you want to come over and check out the Modulus, I'd be glad to meet you.

I know the Palace is selling that one for far more, but hey -- five-strings seem to cost more, plus stores always charge higher prices. So I just came up with a value that seemed fair to me.

5. billhw13

billhw13 Supporting Member

May 10, 2002
    Clinton, NJ
    FWIW, I've played this bass and it's killer!

Not too long ago, I met Jordan at his house to do a trade - I saw this bass and really liked it. Jordan wouldn't trade it away at the time...but if he was willing, I would have gladly take that one home. Very clear and punchy tone,,,and a very fast neck.

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    WOW! A vintage Flea bass! ;)

7. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I have a Stingray if you are interested. Here's a pic, but I'm going to relist it on the board here as well.