killer Modulus 4 fs/ft $750

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jsonnenblick, Mar 10, 2003.

1. If you are looking for "the jam band sound" -- like Phish, late-era Blues Traveller, etc -- this is your bass!

It's an M-92 4-string, which is basically a Sweetspot with a pearloid pickguard. It's a pre-trussrod model, which has the skinniest, fastest, most stable neck on Earth.

Comes with OHSC.

I'm looking to sell outright, or trade for something more "mainstream"-sounding (I have 3 Moduluses). I'd especially love either a Stingray, or something that can be switched to passive.
  2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Are you playing that thing anywhere?
  3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  4. John --

I'm playing it a lot at this cool place called my basement!

Seriously, I haven't played out on bass in a while, but if you want to come over and check out the Modulus, I'd be glad to meet you.

I know the Palace is selling that one for far more, but hey -- five-strings seem to cost more, plus stores always charge higher prices. So I just came up with a value that seemed fair to me.
  5. billhw13

billhw13 Supporting Member

May 10, 2002
    Clinton, NJ
    FWIW, I've played this bass and it's killer!

Not too long ago, I met Jordan at his house to do a trade - I saw this bass and really liked it. Jordan wouldn't trade it away at the time...but if he was willing, I would have gladly take that one home. Very clear and punchy tone,,,and a very fast neck.
  6. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    WOW! A vintage Flea bass! ;)
  7. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I have a Stingray if you are interested. Here's a pic, but I'm going to relist it on the board here as well.