1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kim Jogn Il Funeral--WHAT???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Smokin' Toaster, Dec 28, 2011.

1. So I was watching the news, and they were showing the funeral of Kim Jogn Il, and all the people crying and wailing in grief. Hmmm, I thought to myself - are they REALLY that grief stricken over this man? Then I saw the next vehicle in the procession:

kim-jogn-tony.

Maybe they were commenting on my playing. Or the demise of The Smokin' Toasters. Or just upset that my band doesn't have any gigs booked in North Korea. Or maybe they were really really upset that the Skyline Jerry Scheff five string is no longer in production. I don't know. Any ideas?

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I smell a photoshop thread!

3. RIP dear Cheetah

Attached Files:

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here's why they were crying:

kim%252520jong%252520jack%252520and%252520jill.

5. Like having an abusive father, just because they raised you wrong doesn't mean you don't care for them. Most people were and raised in an environment where they don't realize the oppression they face, especially when all the tv and radio you hear is controlled by said entity.

Who knows. They could be tears of joy.........

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm fairly certain attendance was mandatory.

7. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    funny.

8. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    I've seen my fair share of documentaries on life in North Korea, and each one depicts a personality cult surrounding this guy which is (or was) incredible. There are pictures of this guy EVERYWHERE! I can't help but wonder how many people in these crowds wailing and sobbing are doing so out of fear that if they don't, it won't be "liked" and they'll be in for big trouble... I just hope for the sake of the people of that nation that this new leader isn't as hard line as his father was...

9. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    You love a person that your entire life you've been told is the most powerful person in the world, and is worshiped worldwide. Everyone in the world celebrates his birth according to NK media.

10. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I remember hearing the legend that in the Politiboro everyone was afraid of what Stalin would do to the first comrade to stop clapping. I would hope the same goes for North Korean mourners. Much more scary is the thought that an entire nation could be sold on a family being demigods.

11. Buddy's face from OceanMarketing should be on that picture or his company. LOL.

12. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

It's like Joseph Goebbels didn't commit suicide, he moved to NK and began working for the IL family.

Love for a passed leader is much more impressive when it's freely given like with JFK, RFK, EP, MJ.

13. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I don't think there is much humor to find in a dead man and a confused, unstable and isolated nation.

14. What if you add bacon? Everything is better with bacon.

15. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    It's a fake!!!! Kim Jong Il stole this whole bit from this guy, who saw his boxing and fledgling broadcast career come to an interesting end.

kim-jogn-DeLaHoya.

16. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Man, they really need to update their limo fleet!

17. Ok, A Rabbi, a Priest, and a hooker walk into a confused, unstable and isolated nation with a dead man in it....

18. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    I don't know... I really like the old school lims. It is kind of funny that they are old American Capitalist icons.

19. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

....and the dead man sits up and asks, "Is this a joke?"

20. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I think it's your shirt... :D