kinal 4 string, warwick 5 string fs/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ogyen, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Kinal sk-24: 4 string, ash body with quilted maple top, pau ferro fretboard, MM+J bartolini pickups, 3-band eq with mid freq select switch, coil tap on the MM pickup, natural finish, hardcase, mint condition, $2000cdn

Warwick streamer lx-5: black gloss custom finish, gold hardware, 2 jazz pickups, 2-band eq, gig bag, mint condition, $1200cdn

I will consider a trade situation, for either a lakland 55-94 or sadowsky 5 string, and I'll consider any reasonable offer. If your interested e-mail me I should have some pics soon.
  2. I just saw the canadian dollar is higher then I thought. the price for the kinal is $1800cdn, the warwick is $1100cdn.
  3. I've been asked about the price of the kinal bass, so here's some clarification. On the kinal web site the sk-4 is listed at $1650cdn, that's the base price for a passive bass with no upgrades. With the upgrades on my bass, quilted maple top, 18 volt preamp, etc. and the hardcase it cost a little more than $2500, shipped to in western canada. $1800 seems fair to me, but feel free to make an offer, I just might accept it.
  4. bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    how much is 1100cdn in us dollars?
  5. these days it's about $850-880
  6. bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    what year was the streamer made? do you have any pics? thanks.
  7. I'm not sure how to date warwicks exactly, the serial number is c-091412-02. I bought it about a year ago, but I'm pretty sure it had been sitting in the back of the shop for awhile. I'm workin on getting some pics, hopefully tonight or monday.
  8. I've got pics for anyone who is interested, pm me or e-mail me at
  9. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

Would you consider a trade for a 3 Tone Sunburst Lakland Skyline 55-01?
  10. sorry, I'm not really into the 55-01's
  11. to avoid any further confusion about exchange rates here they are: the kinal can be had for $1400US and the warwick goes for $850US. The Canadian dollar is changing so much these days that it's too difficult to keep up, so the prices listed in US are the asking prices for any US buyers. These prices are based on what the Canadian dollar was worth when I posted this ad, it's gone up considerably since then and I don't want to be price gouging anybody. As before I'm open to trades and offers, lot's of interest so far but no ones been ready to close a deal.
  12. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I'm not trying to ruin your chances or anything, but just for the information to US people, the customs duty for bringing a guitar into the US is $88. I bought a Streamer LX5 from a guy in Canada and they called me at the border and said it couldn't be let in until I paid the extra $88 with a credit card.

Just letting everyone know. I paid $800 + half the duty, so I got mine for $844. If I had the money, I'd buy yours in a heartbeat. The LX5 is the finest instrument I've ever played. Pics of mine:

Take care,
  13. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada

Warwick's are made in Germany.........not the U.S. or Canada. This voids that NAFTA agreement.

The Kinal is Canadian made, therefore it will be examined differently.
  14. both basses are gone.