Kinal MK5 B

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve S, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I picked up the MK5 B on Saturday and it is the best bass that I've ever owned! The swamp ash body is very light and it is perfectly balanced. I've had problems with my neck heavy Fender, especially since I've gotten older, so this is a pleasant instrument to play and it looks real nice.

It is my first time with a five string and I was concerned about the adjustment period. Within the first five minutes that I played it, I realized that it wasn't going to be hard at all. I had a gig with a jazz trio that evening and ran it through the Workingman's 10. What a thump that B string produces! All of the notes rang clear and it was effortless to play. I've been playing with Tomastick flatwounds with the low string tension on my four string. With the DR roundwounds on the MK5 B, my fingers bounced off the strings quickly and I've never played better or faster. The trio and the audience were impressed. They probably thought that I was a great player but a lot of the credit has to go to that bass.