1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kind of torn. Would like some input.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Sean Riddle, Oct 28, 2013.

1. I have been asked by a vocalist at my school to lead a jazz ensemble in a rendition of Feeling Good. Right now, I am torn between either playing the double bass or the piano for the song. I feel that on the double bass I would give the band a strong foundation in following along with the singer. On the other hand, there are no jazz piano players in my school's music department. Only a classical pianist. His jazz chops aren't that good, so I feel I could provide the right improvisational feel I want in the piano playing. I do have another bass player I could call up in this situation. Thanks for any input.

2. audioglenn

audioglenn

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Your answer is in your post. You should play the piano and call in the other bass player. It's really tough to listen to someone play jazz piano who really doesn't have the feel for it.