Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kinda a public apoligy!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jun 10, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Well guys seems that this went to far man! I wasnt meening to piss anyone off! I just wanted to post my opinion on the subject last night and i wasnt going to get a chance because casanova kept deleting stuff on me! I wasnt trying to get on hes bad side or get him in trouble! And you can ask him that nothing i said last night was against anyone here! It was just my opinion why us jazz bass players arnt crazy about flea. It didnt get bad till someone tried to slam me for my grammer and spelling. This i thought was very child like and went against the rules here more than anything that i did! I really was wating for someone to say oh yeah my mom can beat up your mom! So as for that aside i would like to say the fellow that slammed John for his hair and basses and music is a major dip and iam glad he is gone! I did not agree with a thing he said. I talked to paul and it seems that maybe me and casanove were a little at fault so hey casanova sorry man have a beer on me! And John i didnt want to go on tour with you man i just would love to see your basses iam not stupied, Just cant spell! I just dont like not having the chance to have a opinion on a opinion sight! I wasnt cussing or hurting anyone in any way! If everyone read what i wrote they would have seen that.But you cant because it was deleted! And John if you need to see my life story to see that iam real i will gladly send you and anyone here a cd! So as for all that crap said he lets all have a beer and keep jamming!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's cool - sorry for diggin' at ya. with the whole recent JWC-Francis bull sh!t, i guess i might have been a bit overly-strident.

it's a big man who will apologize.

and a general plea to everybody else - go easy on us (meaning the mods) huh? if we screw up and hose you, take a deep breath and talk to us privately first, and if that's not good enough, then talk to paul. we all are honestly trying our best to make the site cool for everybody. it's a tricky job, and we're all bound to screw it up from time to time.

a certain member made some comments that were very true - the moderators _AREN'T_ anything special, they just volunteered their help at keeping this site clean, and they all did it because they love the site, and they love coming back.

after all, i'm not just a moderator, i'm also a client. :D

3. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey John do you have a cd you can send me or somthing? Id love to here what those sweet conklins sound like! I tried to download mp3 but my damn connection is to slow! Id swap ya cds!

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Im sorry for goin off myself, I couldve handled it a bit differently myself, when I look back on it. But as stated this whole JWC-Francis crap that went on, I wasnt taking any chances.

Like JT stated, if ya have a problem with something we mods do, just send us a pm or email us, (which is what I shouldve done in the 1st place) Im only human and am bound to make mistakes along the way.

it is a very tricky job, cos we have to use our judgement on certain things, and not everyone is going to like what we do. But in the long run I think it can all be worked out. As its being done now.

Thanks for the cold one Eric, next rounds on me!!

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I miss everything. :(

6. I missed it too! lol

But.....shows the real maturity of the people involved since they are willing to apologize and make amends.That is what being an adult is all about.

I went through a situation last week which involved my apologizing and admitting I had F***ed up to someone.It was difficult but the right thing to do.In the end it made sense and I am a better person for it.So I can relate to the situation at hand.

Glad to see all is back to normal in our lil happy family! :)

Usul

7. Damn bass playing! The more i play bass, the more i miss on TB!

Merls

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    But as stated this whole JWC-Francis crap that went on, I wasnt taking any chances.

Man i missed that stuff i guess! Must have been somthing else!

9. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Well i dont mind apologizing becaus ei know for a fact that if i got all you in the ring at once i would just-----

run like the wind! Iam a big guy and all but have you seen johns pics scary looking dude!

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I've really got to cut down on that infernal bass playing.

11. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Thats the reason iam som big! I have to drag my rig to band practice twice a week and then back home the same day so i can practice! I really need to buy a practice amp for home!

12. I commented on your spelling because it takes twice as much effort to read a post full of misspelled words. The moderators highly suggest Spell Check for this reason. It appeared that you took quite a personal offence to my suggestion, but that was not my intention. For that I apologize.

T Jay

13. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Its all cool and the gang! How do you use spell check on this silly thing?

14. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Next to Submit Reply and Preview Reply.

/lovebown

15. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yep I found it after I submitted that! Now I really feel stupid!

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, but take away them big scary basses and what's left???:D:D:D:D:D

No, actually, anyone who can hold that doubleneck for any amount of time is someone that I ain't gonna mess with.

17. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    No doubt! Ive picked up and conklin custom once it was a heavu motha!

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it's not muscles, it's all in the -ahem- "special custom doubleneck pillow" that i've been -ahem- cultivating :D.

19. JT - You've got one of those too? I've had a 'bass supporter' for a while, and it comes in really handy. I have the 2-XL size.

20. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Im tired of everybody always apologizing, dont do or say anything unless you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    no offences to anybody in specific...sorry