Kinds of Ampeg cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Jan 25, 2002.

1. how are the svt series cabs, their 4-10's and 1-15's in particular, are they sturdy, by looking at them, they dont look too sturdy to me, how do they stack up compared to the ampeg b series cabs?????
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Ampeg's SVT series cabinets are much better than the B series ones. Yes they are sturdy, I dont know why you would say that the cheapo B series are better than the world famous SVT series.
  3. what makes the b series so much cheaper? they actually cost more...just a little more, but still more.
  4. i saw the one 4-10, the b series was like 599, and the svt was 549. but anyways, which one sounds better? and what if the grill cloth on the svt rips, can they be replaced, cuz this cab has to be road-ready and able to bear a load.
  5. could he have been comparing the B410HLF to the SVT410HE. I don't know what the B series 410HLF runs $599 seems respectable I guess. If thats the case you need to compare it to the comparable SVT 410HLF which sells for more. but the B series is Ampeg cheapest cab line