King Bass Logo ?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by 400$Bass, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 400$Bass

400$Bass

Jan 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    From looking on the internet: A company in Ceveland Ohio had a line of instruments and one line was King String Bass. This bass had a logo on the back just right below where the neck is attached to the body. Kind of some flowers, a crown and the letters KING.

I was wondering if anyone knows this....Is the logo a decal, or simply a stencil painted on the wood, what? I just wondered how well this emblem application held up on some of these instruments that would be getting some years on them.

I think the logo is interesting, it puts me in the mind of the Bass having a "tattoo" .

2. Brandon Tuomiko

Brandon Tuomiko Inactive

Oct 28, 2008
    Omaha Nebraska
    Well it is a King. Kings come in many many different models, and colors/ finishes. I have never seen this logo you are talking about, but i can see that it could be easily added as an option.

What model range is this? At least what did it look like? (the bass)

3. 400$Bass

400$Bass

Jan 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm sorry I tried to put a link in this message but could not pull it off....

Anyway, if you go to Google and type in
    H. N. White String Bass
    a site should come up. Go to the site and scroll down and you will see great images of the King Bass with the Logo I ask about. It also says Blond and 1946-1950. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Can someone help me to put images or links into my messages?

4. Brandon Tuomiko

Brandon Tuomiko Inactive

Oct 28, 2008
    Omaha Nebraska
    Oh thats an old bass. I thought we were talking a NEW king bass

But it is not a king from the logo. It still might be, but the logo is not an actual king. Looks cool!

If its for sale, you should get it.

5. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    The King Moretone is a vintage American bass made by the HN White company.

King Doublebass is a new company making heavy duty basses designed to be amplified, used by alot of Rockabilly bassists.

Two different basses, time periods, and companies.

6. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the logo was a decal. I had a "39 King Moretone for a few years, but all traces of the logo were gone by the time I got it.

7. reedj

reedj

Jul 15, 2006
    West Liberty, Ohio
    Not all Kings had that logo. I am unaware of why certain ones had it and other ones didn't, but I have seen many Kings with the looped stripe below the button and the word King painted or stamped on, similar to the way American Standards were branded there (they were both made by H.N. White). In the way of your original question, unfortunately I don't know if it was paitned on or if it was decal.

8. Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the Quick Reply box

See Toolbar under Message:

Images - click the yellow icon w/mtns & sun (under the undo arrow) - then cut & paste

Links - click the blue icon w/globe & link (under the white smilie face) - then cut & paste

9. 400$Bass

400$Bass

Jan 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This is a test to see if my image shows up.:bag:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Brandon Tuomiko

Brandon Tuomiko Inactive

Oct 28, 2008
    Omaha Nebraska
    no. is this bass $400? What does your screen name mean?

11. 400$Bass

400$Bass

Jan 18, 2009
    Central Indiana

12. Brandon Tuomiko

Brandon Tuomiko Inactive

Oct 28, 2008
    Omaha Nebraska
    wow... what a deal! I got a free Kay C1- but its not very good... looking to upgrade to a Carl Wulnther (spelling?) upright flat back bass. I play mostly classical, and this bass sounds superb.

13. mpoppitt

mpoppitt

Mar 28, 2005
    Austin Texas
    [​IMG]

This logo was used on the later Kings (late 50s-early 60s). The one like this I've seen looked like the decal was a water transfer type.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021