Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

King Bowman (Doom/Stoner): FREE DEMO ONLINE

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright, after much delay, I've decided we probably aren't ever going to get artwork ever. So instead of sending everyone that wanted a copy of the demo a CD-R with no artwork or anything, I've decided to go ahead and upload all the songs onto my soon to be finished photography website.

http://www.tillphotography.com/kingbowman/

So my apologies for the delay to those whom I promised a copy of the demo with artwork, this will have to do. They are pretty large, but that's because we wanted them to be as hi-fi as we could, so hopefully you have a faster connection. 56k brothers, I'd recommend something like "Star Downloader" or any other download manager.

Let me know if anything doesn't work.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have nowhere to post this, and I need to post it

[​IMG]

3. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!! 'Sun light into open eyes' Tonight We Ride

4. I can't get it to download, I'm clicking and nothing is happening. I'll try again later

BTW, is that Skeletor?

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    yessir.

Let me check the links, make sure it's all cool on my end.

Works for me. :meh:

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I think I figured it out, if you click it, it tries to "open" as an mp3, instead of downloading. If you right click/save as, it will/SHOULD work.

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Either could be King Bowman's new logo!:D

8. Alright, I got Wizard to download. I'm gonna get the rest tomarrow, for now it's beddy bye time for pagey. BTW it sounds great. Your singer's voice should really bother me, but it doesn't . Sorta reminds me of a less theatrical, more doomy King Diamond or maybe the dude from Yob when he sings high.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sweet. We get mixed reactions about the vocals, the thing is, he sings great on the demo, but he's not use to singing and playing at the same time, so he often reverts to screaming. He comes from a grindcore background, he's got an amazing range, he just doesn't know how to use it yet.

10. I like the Black Sabbath-influenced riffage on "Wizard's Fury Trapped In Hate"

..And the sound of a certain saturated Sunn amp isn't that bad either.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This was actually recorded pre Sunn rig, that was me actually run through my guitarist's pod for the benefit of easy recording. :eek: I've debated wheter that's good tone or not.

12. Sometimes it's hard to tell a what a fully-saturated tone is... but it sounded pretty thick to me..

I always go for the "just a hint of OD" with my Mesa...I'm still experimenting with full-on OD, as my bandmates want it in a song, but I'm not sure if I like it too much....I guess they just don't understand I can get different tones from the tubes based on my attack of the note..??

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The bummer about my Sunn rig, once I push the volume up to about 3.5, it turns to OD. The higher the volume, the higher the OD, we started to play a gig with my volume at 7, and the guitars at like 10... we were asked to turn down because we were unfortunatly moving the earth. :D

14. Congratulations you guys are on my Ipod now!:D

I'm diggin the stuff alot.

Keep your singer working on his vocals, eventually he could get to a great middle ground where he can shift between clean singing and screaming. Take Scott Kelly from Neurosis for example.

Now, go make some more doom.

15. Matt, this is reallllly good. I mean, seriously. Do you play fretless on any of these?

And as for your singer's range, I agree- it IS amazing, I can't wait to hear more from you guys.

DOOM!

16. Hey Matt... you know Dot??:D

17. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    You guys should let us download your songs. I think there hot.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Man, I want too! You guys have awesome songs!! :bassist:

MaskedJackal: No fretless, but when I set it to just the neck pickup, it gets that kinda sound. That with the weird compressed sound of the Pod I recorded with.

FaithNoMan: Dot? You mean Dr. Dot? She's awesome, we've talked about Zappa a bit.

19. THat's pretty cool... and I just "happened" to notice her on your friends list:D